Tiger 1050 Headlight Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by In my own world, Feb 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Starteniur

Starteniur New Member

Mar 4, 2021
    Exeter
    Many thanks for replying Fourbears, I was hoping that might be the case - I’ll continue persuading the unit apart and planning where to fit all the extra cabling!

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Have you thought about fitting higher power halogen bulbs? I fitted Phillips 150% brighter bulbs in my Tiger 800 much better than standard and no MOT problems plus cheaper than LED or HID replacements

3. Starteniur

Starteniur New Member

Mar 4, 2021
    Exeter
    Hi, the problem with the earlier Tiger 1050s (and Sprints by the sound of it) is that they used Projector headlights that were just ... rubbish! I fitted a HID bulb to the original headlight and just got a slightly brighter shade of useless from it! So the lenses and reflectors have to go as well, which is what is supplied by the Retrofit kit. Thanks for the recommendation though, I’ll look out for those for my old VFR

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Just keep at it. I used a heat gun carefully to soften the plastic which then helps it to come apart. You will have to put it all back in shape when you have got it apart though - I think it took me most of a day to get it apart and then reshaped. Then you have to scrape the permaseal off!

• Thanks Thanks x 1