Headlight bracket for Legend 900

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by tommyrugrat, Jul 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tommyrugrat

tommyrugrat New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    cornwall
    Hi All

New to the forum, well in fact new to Triumphs in general, just bought a 1998 Triumph Legend for a descent price, unfortunately the PO dropped the bike on the R/H side smashing the indicator and the headlight bracket, just wondered where you go for all your parts. I can get the parts from world of triumph but they want £50 for the bracket and the same for the indicator, which seems alot. I have previously owned (and still do) lots of old Honda's and basically i have given David Silver a kings randsom over the years, i dont want to start handing over vasts sums of money to WOT.

I have tried ebay but no joy there, any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Look at getting custom parts ie aftermarket indicators etc, might pay the price but can be a better product!

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Welcome in btw

4. tommyrugrat

tommyrugrat New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    cornwall
    Hi there,

Thanks big lad but it this particular part i am after.

Does anyone know of anyone breaking either a thunderbird, legend etc?

IMG_1236[1].JPG

5. tommyrugrat

tommyrugrat New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    cornwall
    Thanks Bikerman tried them earlier, i was told they are like hens teeth, so i ordered one from world of triumph which cost an eye watering £54 all in. Then checked ebay and would you believe somebody had put one lunchtime!
    BIN 30 quid delivered, so cancelled the new one from WOT and saved myself 20 odd quid, result!
    So thanks for all your help, at least now i have a few avenues that i can use if i need to source second hand parts.
    Cheers Fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tommyrugrat

tommyrugrat New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    cornwall
    Oh and thanks Crispey for the welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Triumph-ant (probably .co.uk) and National Triumph (an ebay shop based in Woverhampton) seem to be decent sources of used bits. There's another one based in S.Wales, but I'm buggered if I can remember their name.o_O Such is life at 65 ... been there, done it all but can't remember feck all about it!:( I do hope I had fun!

Welcome in to the loony bin that is 'thetriumphforum'. :eek::p

8. tommyrugrat

tommyrugrat New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    cornwall
    Cheers Fellas, that is great!