Having A Look At The Daytona

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by JoeTex, Jun 10, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JoeTex

JoeTex New Member

Jun 10, 2022
    USA
    Hey folks, I'm new here. I guess I might have checked in at the Newbie page, but thought I'd jump right in with y'all. There are some great twisties near me and I'm getting near the end of my riding years. I've always been enamored of the sexy-assed Daytona and am kicking the tires, in a manner of speaking. I love the looks of the 955i, but that doesn't mean I'd rule out something else. Maybe I'll get one and maybe y'all can talk me out of it. Either way, I hope to learn about them here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Hi Joe and welcome!

I am always pleased to meet another Daytona fan and particularly an American, because of course the stereotype is that all Americans ride Harleys. :p

I love my 1998 Daytona T595 (later rebranded as the Daytona 955i) but if you are the wrong side of 50 like me there are 2 considerations that have affected me: 1) the dropped clip-on handlebars can be tiring and 2) these bikes are quite heavy to manoeuvre at slow speeds and in the garage. I have fitted a CNC top yoke conversion to get around my first point.

However, I would thoroughly recommend one for fun, admiring and for twisty roads. :cool:

Good luck, keep us informed and share photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    There's always it's little sister,
    Speed Triple 955i or T509 if the riding position is a bit cramped.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    Welcome Joe,

you have good taste the Daytona has always been a sought after bike for me and there is a Mr Butler to blame for me going shopping after what my heart has desired. Im also the wrong side of 50, to close to 60, but wont let that stop me, like Geoff states their are always workarounds which can be found in places like this forum.

I hope to be picking mine up soon..i dont believe there is such a thing as a bad bike these days, I reckon the most difficult part is the amount of choice we have and not enough money to buy everything on the wish list.

Keep reading but test riding will help short list what clicks for you, hopefully a Triumph.

Happy shoppimg and do let us know whatever you decide.
    Rob
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1