Harley-davidson Pulls The Plug On Livewire Production

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by David Cooper, Oct 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Oooops, not very good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Its a HD, of course its going to break..... still, its nice of them to try and fix the problem BEFORE they sell them

• Like Like x 2
  4. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    the workaround is just ship the bike to a US HD dealership for a professional charging, and not use your outlet at home, work or anywhere else. brilliant.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Well I think that’s good news ! .. apart from the purchase costs, short battery range, recharging outlets, plus the questionable environmental issues regarding battery production & disposal, I can’t for the life of me see any attraction in an electric bike. Where’s the fun in a silent machine? .. surely a lot of the delight of a motorcycle is having a lovely exhaust note and an engine talking to you and letting you know how it’s doing... complaining if you’re abusing it in too low a gear etc and singing sweetly when rider and machine are enjoying the trip in harmony. I also think electric bikes are more dangerous to pedestrians, cyclists, other road users, and consequently the riders themselves. No noise means 50% less awareness of an approaching vehicle and having had a hybrid car a few years back I know that when it was running just on it’s electric motor people just walk out in front if they don’t see you ... the smaller profile of a motorcycle makes it even worse!!... Anyhow that’s enough from an old backward thinking, almost 70 year old, on a cold wet Monday morning in the East Midlands

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

It's special branded HD electricity. The normal domestic stuff isn't the same. It's very much like normal electric, but costs twice as much and is made by 40 year old technology !!! :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1