Happy First Day Of Autumn! (a Day Late...)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sandi T, Sep 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.15.28 PM.png

Happy Autumn! :):sun: While the mornings here in southern Arizona have turned lovely with low temperatures in the 60'sºF, the daytime temperatures are still behaving as though it's summer. In fact, I didn't even think about it being the first day of fall yesterday until I was driving home from work and the DJ commented that it didn't feel like the first day of fall where she was in south Florida. Glancing at my dash, I realized why it didn't feel that way to me either. :p So what's the weather like out there for the rest of you??
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.28.12 PM.png

• Like Like x 6
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    We're currently enjoying another settled, "warm spell" here in Yorkshire but as most will know, the weather here in the UK (especially Scotland:p) can be up and down like a bride's nightie. It's set to go downhill next week apparently with more "Autumnal" weather moving in, oh and the clocks go back next month so more good news. No wonder people flock abroad for guaranteed Sunshine. Enjoy your Autumn Sandi T, it'll almost certainly be better than ours! :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    The season changes with every day here too, sometimes several times a day!
    But it’s not the finer days we’ve enjoyed recently, but a grim and blustery day today.

(I notice your choice of artist to base a radio station on… nice one, just getting “Refugee” in our band set list atm.)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Brings back memories @DCS900
    A local band full of my mates used to cover that song regularly. Monkey Business, remember them?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I know the name, but can’t think when or where or even if I did see them? I presume they played down Lindale’s bottom house… I’m more likely to have seen any local band there as anywhere. Who was in them? I might know names better…

Ooops, sorry @Sandi T … another hijack!

upload_2021-9-24_14-49-22.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Yeah apologies Sandi.
    They played all over Furness, Lancaster and Kendal.
    Steve Turton was originally the drummer, hugely talented, followed by Geordie Paul.
    Mark Swindlehurst was vocals, Mark Tat Taylor was bass and Graham Sykes guitar.
    Played real party Rythm n Blues. There is you tube footage around.
    Got very drunk and jumped around hundreds of times watching them in late eighties early nineties :joy::joy:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks @Sandi T , unfortunately autumn for us in the UK sees us moving to colder and wet weather. Never mind it happens every year :):)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I will most likely have seen them, just can’t bring to mind… right time, right place Etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    September for NZ is the windy and wet start of Spring. Clocks forward this weekend :sun: and temperatures are getting warmer, but southerlies bring the cold from the snow.
    Some nice days starting to appear :party: temps around 60f

F9F3BEEA-BA64-4EBE-B1DB-148DAC5B465C.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2