Featured Rideout Hallelujah! Back In The Saddle Again After A 168 Day Rideout Drought

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Hooo-eee! That's a good one, Judd! "Do I still want that mustang?" :cool: What kind of question is that? Well, one word answers it. YEP! :cool:

I do have to say that for just a bit there when I couldn't drive my Bullitt after I purchased it, I was wondering if I'd made a rash decision in buying it. One word answers that question, too. NOPE! ;)

Thanks for your well wishes! :kissing: I'm happy to be back on two wheels and it really does feel like it's where I belong. :heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi,
    I think the side of the road you drive on used to dictate which side your rear brake would be on.
    Probably decided by people who didn’t know how to ride a bicycle, and thought that the back brake (On left in UK) would be safer when using hand signals and braking at the same time.
    Might be time for UK to swop the brake levers over, although, a lot of cyclists in UK don’t seem to know what hand signals are! Unless it’s to shoot you a bird.

Nice to hear you’re a motorcyclist again, Sandi T.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You don’t need to use hand signals when riding on the pavement do you? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hand signals were what landed me on the pavement! ;) Well, my not seeing hand signals is actually. Mr. Sandi signaled to indicate he was bearing to the right and I didn't see it. I wish he'd also said something like.....TURNING RIIIIGGGGHHHHT!!!!! :p But I don't blame him because I should have been paying better attention.

The other thing related to what @Kenbro said is that I had my hands on the tops of the bars and not on the hoods so couldn't get to my brakes quickly enough to stop when I was about to hit Mr. Sandi's back wheel. I'd have been pretty happy having either brake--front or back--at my fingertips (literally) which might have helped me avert my nosedive.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. : unamused: There always seem to be those "if only's" and "what if's" after one has an accident. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sorry Sandi, there might have been a bit of cultural misunderstanding here.
    Over here we use pavement to describe what you’d call a sidewalk, and there’s a lot of cyclists who seem to think it’s ok to ride on the pavement even though it’s technically illegal. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #46 Sandi T, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    It wasn't a complete cultural misunderstanding, freck. We weren't on a sidewalk nor were we on the roadway. We were on a paved bicycle path that runs along a river bed and right past our house. There are about 100 miles of path in Tucson know as "The Loop". The intersecting paths run all along two of our river beds (the Rillito and the Santa Cruz) as well as around the perimeter of the city. It's a wonderful amenity for bicyclists, walkers/runners, roller bladers, etc. You can actually do a 100+ bicycle ride (but why?! :p) without being on the road with cars.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Well done @Sandi T. ! Great to see you back on two wheels. That grin should be available on prescription as an anti depressant :).
    This thread could easily have gone in the Awsomeness page!
    Really like that helmet too;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Nice one, Sandi.:)
    Great news that you are once again fit enough to be back on your bike again:grinning:. Dangerous things those 'push bikes':eek:. Steer well clear of the bloody things.:scream:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Steve! I appreciate your kind comments about being back out. :kissing:

Yes, those "push bikes" as you call them are dangerous. I've more friends that have been badly hurt on them than motorcycles. :eek:That said, I will probably go back to riding my bicycle at some point. Interestingly, I'm more nervous to get back outdoors on my bicycle than I was to ride my Triumph last weekend. I'm "riding" my bicycle but it's set up upstairs on a turbo trainer and that is where it shall stay for now. :blush: As with many things in life, I'll know when I'm ready when--I'm ready!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Dawsy! Your sweet and positive post brought another big grin to my face just now! :D It's awesome to feel the support of so many great forum members like yourself, truly. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    It wasn't a complete cultural misunderstanding, freck. We weren't on a sidewalk nor were we on the roadway. We were on a paved bicycle path that runs along a river bed and right past our house. There are about 100 miles of path in Tucson know as "The Loop". The intersecting paths run all along two of our river beds (the Rillito and the Santa Cruz) as well as around the perimeter of the city. It's a wonderful amenity for bicyclists, walkers/runners, roller blades, etc. You can actually do a 100+ bicycle ride (but why?! :p) without being on the road with cars.

Edit: And it's also technically illegal here to ride bicycles on sidewalks, too, freck. Which is always funny when people sometimes yell at me to "ride my bike on the sidewalk where I belong!" :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    This being late to t'party, is gettin to be a habit lately!! Great to hear you're back on ya Speedy, Sandi, and more importantly, no side effects.

• Thanks Thanks x 1