Featured Rideout Hallelujah! Back In The Saddle Again After A 168 Day Rideout Drought

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Dilli!! :):heart:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Duck! I guess the sparkle in my heart made its way up to my eyes. :) If I'd been a little kid I'd have been jumping up and down with glee. :D I've always appreciated the joy of riding but this time off has now increased my appreciation even more and made me realize how unique and precious the experience of riding really is. And therapeutic!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Don! I'll most certainly take and share more Arizona photos with my forum friends. But I don't do it to purposefully torment you...that's just a "side effect". ;) I'm not sure when we'll get to take an actual motorcycle trip again what with Covid and work. But we're hoping to do at least a small trip in October.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Octoberon! Yeah, I was sort of self-quarantining before Covid even hit because of my injuries. :joy: Glad I helped start off your Monday morning with a smile. :) Thanks for wishing me luck with rehab and riding. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, Bikerman! I'm truly looking forward to sharing more motorcycle stories and photos as I get back into the riding life. Motorcycles and riding are definitely a helpful antidote and a bit of respite to, as you put it so succinctly, "all the doom and gloom around" these days. :):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Cheers back, Daniel! :) And thank you for the reminder about my big bike waiting patiently for me as it shall. (I do like anticipation!) And for the excellent song suggestion to play in my head during PT. :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Fantastic news, well done on getting 2 wheel mobile again! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Whoop Whoop! for ya @Sandi T. brilliant news that you're back on a bike after all these months, I can totally empathize with you as I was going stir crazy with no racing due to COVID, but even better for you to be coming back from injury! It's a massive milestone for you, so pleased you managed to get your lid on by yourself!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Wow Sandi. Being new (well newish) I didn't know about the accident. I knew only of the great posts and photos. Really glad to hear you're riding again. And I salute your courage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Great to see you back out there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, Billy! :) I'm grateful for your kind words. AndI know that you can empathize--both because of COVID's impact on your racing dreams for this year but also because you've been on that "injured reserve" list, too. I really do appreciate that you understand what a massive milestone this is for me after so many months of not riding coupled with so much therapy and work to get back to a point where I can ride again. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Lou. Yeah, my accident turned out to be a harbinger of things to come in 2020. Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated. :kissing: I don't know so much that I'm courageous but I am definitely stubborn. Just ask Mr. Sandi. :joy: And I'm very motivated when it comes to motorcycles and riding!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Sir Trev! It's great to BE back out there! :):cool:

14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #34 Sandi T, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Thanks, Hippo-Drones! Once I could drive my Mustang that helped tide me over until I could ride again. But being 2 wheel mobile again is the best!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great news and pictures Sandi.

It’s a great feeling when your bum caresses the seat and you hit the starter button especially after a long lay off :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Wonderful news Sandi. I remember my first ride after breaking my thumb and several ribs. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Sooo happy for you Sandi.
    2 down, big boy to go.:p
    Congratulations on adherence to your rehabilitation, it does pay off in getting full use of your body back. Best wishes on your elbow recovery :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. shahnz39

shahnz39 New Member

Jan 1, 2020
    New Zealand
    Hellelujah indeed. welcome back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Dartplayer. I appreciate your well wishes! And I like how you put it--"2 down, big boy to go". That's a very encouraging way for me to think about it. :) I appreciate the well wishes. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Like everyone else, I am so happy to see you back on two wheels where you belong.

just a quick one however, do you still want that mustang? i know a nice chap who is looking to import one o_O

• Funny Funny x 3