Hagon Shocks, Shockingly Bad

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, May 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    So the only way to stop them selling poor quality is to stop buying them in the first place?

2. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Very true, but who is the one that discovers if its worth the money?
    Us!

3. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    But surely there are enough of “us” saying that the components aren’t good enough? Numerous posts on this site alone suggest this.
    I’m sure Triumph are aware of the situation but choose not to improve things whilst sales are still (good?) and fitting better spec components would eat into to profit margins.
    Perhaps if enough potential buyers returned to the dealers after a test ride, pointed out the short comings of the bike and walked away from the deal, Triumph might change their ways.
    Obviously this is highly unlikely to happen, so each to their own, enjoy whatever you ride. Mod till your hearts content.

4. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    I'm sure you are right, but although I've had bikes for 47 years and still will not tell if the cheap components are cheap or not just by riding for an hour or so!
    Only after a month's ownership and chatting to others on the subject do you really get to know.
    Must admit though my old 1997 Guzzi has white power suspension, so sometimes should know better.
    Maybe better to ask what components brands go into a motor cycle before possible purchase, as soon as you find out, you might have to up your spending limit to £20000 upwards to get a quality product.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Getting back to the shock issue, I've run the bike and it seems to be the same as the progressive springs in the forks. Which is better but still a firm ride but better than yesterday.
    Did find that the shocks bottomed out again so next to try another adjustment by turning up the compression.

• Like Like x 1