Featured Had My Trip To Scotland

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Sep 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well peeps i have just got home from my trip to Scotland. And start to finish i was amazed by the people and welcome. Starting with the cottage we booked got there and low and behold received a home cooked chocolate and ginger cake an was it a cake bottle of good wine, teabags coffee and biscuits.Rode all around GlenCoe and Sky and was greeted by all. Missed out on Sheena's Cafe as the day we went she was closed but talked to her Husband and he was just terrific as were so many people. Rode around all the loughs and water ways did the pass of the cattle scared the life out of me but managed it. I love Scotland and can't wait to. go back it is dripping in Beauty and wonderment.I have other pictures i will upload when i sort through them and some video but i got to learn how to upload it. Tracy is going to show me when she gets the time. Regards Joe.
    ATTACH=full]106234[/ATTACH] IMG_1256 (2).JPG IMG_1236 (2).JPG IMG_1256 (2).JPG IMG_1217 (2).JPG IMG_1252 (2).JPG IMG_1252 (2).JPG IMG_1217 (2).JPG IMG_1236 (2).JPG IMG_1256 (2).JPG IMG_1260 (2).JPG IMG_1252 (2).JPG IMG_1217 (2).JPG IMG_1236 (2).JPG IMG_1256 (2).JPG IMG_1260 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 35
  2. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Sounds like you had a great trip Joe - thanks for sharing the pictures......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Brilliant Joe, glad you had a good time and enjoyed your trip, thanks for sharing the pic's

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Glad you enjoyed it Joe :)
    Pictures are great :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So glad you had a wonderful trip filled with beauty, adventures, and warm welcome from local folks. :) I'm also glad you're back home safe and sound now, too. I'll be looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing stories of our travels. Thanks for sharing!! :heart: Mr. Sandi and I may need to add Scotland to our (long) motorcycle trip bucket list. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    So glad you had great time on your long anticipated trip, Joe.
    Lovely photos!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It is - Eilean Donan Castle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great pictures Joe :cool:

Glad you enjoyed the trip mate :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Nice one, Joe. Seems that there were more than a few forum members there last weeke enjoying the great beauty and hospitality that Scotland offers! Guess I should add a couple of pictures of our walking holiday?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    Nice one. I love going back to Scotland, if only I could get better weather and less midges it would be perfect.
    It looks like you got stuck in a loop between Eilean Donan and the old man of Storr though. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    joe...where was the cottage you stayed at it sounds great?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Great pics, Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Great pictures @joe mc donald , I'm so pleased you got your trip of the ground. Looks like you had a great time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Wow! I can't begin to imagine the labor that went into building all those structures without modern equipment. It's amazing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Glad you enjoyed yourself Joe.:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    The only times I've bin to Scotland, is to t'naval bases. Faslane for a few hours, and Rosyth a couple o times, so not seen much of it. The more I see photo's and stories like this, the more I want to visit, especially on mi bike.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #16 Vulpes, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    If you can make the time, go! Especially the West Highlands are awe inspiring...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'll second that. Pretty much anywhere north of the central belt is spectacularly beautiful, but I don't dismiss or ignore the softer, quiet beauty of the Borders country.

I'm just back from walking the West Highland Way - well, walking part of it whilst the wife and dog did the whole length - and being "IN" that scenery adds a whole, different dimension to just seeing it. We're talking now about going back to walk the WHW with the wife's sister and her husband; and maybe adding on the Great Glen Way!

Don't just "want" to do it Foxy - do it! It won't be easy to organise when you have the boy but it WILL be worth the effort. Guaranteed. (Wish the weather was .........:))

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I agree on "being in it" adding a different dimension. I did a lot of rough walking in the hills surrounding Arisaig, Morar and the hills along The Road to the Isles. Particularly in winter, when the hills are snowy, the scenery up there is just breathtaking. On one occasion we happened upon a herd of over a hundred red deer - stunning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'd love to do some of the "rough walking/wild camping" that Scotland provides so much opportunity and amenity to do, but realistically I'm of an age that doesn't really appreciate the strictures involved!

I hope you have some pictures of those times, Wim?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'd have to have a dig through the archives, Adie - but I'm afraid those images left with the former wife... :sob:

• Like Like x 2