Guy Martin At Castle Combe This Weekend

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by steve lovatt, Jul 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Guy Martin will be riding Mike Hailwood's 297cc Honda at The Grand National this weekend at Castle Combe circuit. John McGuinness bringing 3 of his iconic bikes (but sasdly not riding them).

Feature races on both Saturday and Sunday including the British 125cc & 250cc Championships to the Super Twins, Sound of Thunder and Powerbike classes, plus the Bonham's British Historic Championships and the King of Castle Combe open class.

d9a1adb0-9057-433c-83fa-cf2793feb3f9.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Shame about John Mcguiness, pretty seriously injured from the reports and videos.
    Hope he is back in the saddle soon, tough, tough determined guys!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Steve are you sure it's Hailwoods 297cc six.

I thought they were all in Hondas museum in Japan and priceless.

Just being pedantic mate :eek:

The only ones I've see apart from the original back in the 60's are the ones built by George Beale.
    If your going and are within a few yards when they fire it up be prepared for painful ears. I was in George Beales pit garage at Donington Park Classic Bike Festival a couple of years ago when he fired it up for John Cronshaw to ride in the parade and boy is it loud.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I'll look forward to that! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Saw Team Obsolete's Honda 6 a few years ago doing demo laps at Cadwell Park. Yes it was loud!! We were at the top of the Mountain and we could hear the bike ALL the way round the circuit! Marvellous!:grinning::grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The bike you probably saw Steve was the first ever Honda six to be raced and rarer than a rare thing, an original RC165 Honda 250 six which is in Team Obsoletes stable :cool:

Once heard, the sound of the Honda six be it a 250 or 350 is never forgotten :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Out of curiosity - mainly because I'd forgotten Jim Redman's name i.e. He Who Rode It - I tapped 'Team Obsolete into Google and the first video it brought up was the July 1998 Cadwell Park demo which I do believe was the one we were at. 19 years ago FFS!:eek::eek:
    IIRC Jim Redman dropped the Honda just past the top of the Mountain but got up and carried on as if nothing had happened.:cool: Rumour had it that he didn't remember very much at all of what had happened, which may or may not be true. I will never forget that day - even got to thank Rob Ianucci and shake his hand.:blush:
    Aural Nirvana - even had some 'works' Tridents and Rocket 111s there as well! A truly memorable day out.:)

Sorry - I seem to be getting a bit over excited. Where is Nursey when you need her??

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    This was at Mallory Park Festival of 1000 bikes in 2013 lovely to see them in action and what a noise IMG_6630.JPG

• Like Like x 1