Greetings from North Yorkshire!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Big Dave, Nov 15, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Congratulations Big Dave :upyeah:

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Well done Dave

3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I remembered that you were taking your test on the 13th but I couldn't find the post to ask how you'd done. Told you it'd be a breeze - congrats, pal! :smile:

4. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Well done Big Dave! one of my accounts Managers son's has taken his Theory 5 times now...FFS how hard can it be! Now the CBT is done you can start enjoying (to learn) on a proper bike. BTW I hated the feeling of the bike on my CBT a CG125, it was so under powered and felt so flimsy I thought my return to biking was a mistake? But as soon as I had my first lesson on a CB500F I knew I had made the right decision. :upyeah: enjoy it mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    Afternoon all, just thought I would keep you all informed, Mod 1 test passed this afternoon with 1 fault (I stalled :biggrin:)

I nearly failed through no fault of my own, I rode in, parked up the bike, moved it from one space to the other and then the bloody thing wouldn't start! I tried everything and then he even let my instructor in to try but no joy. I pushed it out and then though I would try it and it started straight away! Bloody thing!! The examiner was awesome (and a Leeds fan) and let me start again. I was paranoid about stalling so over revved everywhere apart from the stall it all went perfectly.

I've got 3 more lessons to take that I've already paid for and just waiting for a date for my mod 2!

Couldn't be happier right now :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  6. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Quality! Congratulations Dave :smile:
    Perhaps the bike was more nervous than you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulie

Paulie Member

Jan 4, 2014
    #67 Paulie, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Welcome Big Dave! Good luck with the test & licence!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Well done Dave.. not long now...

9. MonkeyRyder

MonkeyRyder Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Salford, Manchester
    Well done Dave, I stalled twice at the beginning on my mod 1, then took the speed trap at 65! Instructors face was a genius lol

10. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    Well I had my mod 2 test this morning, I woke up at the crack do dawn to wind and rain! Not a good sign! Jumped in the car and headed up to darlington with a feeling of dread! hopped on the bike and headed to the test centre. Just as the test started the sun came out, the rain stopped and other than the wind it all went brilliantly!

I am now a fully qualified, taxed and insured motorcyclist! It's taken a couple of patient months but finally today I had the chance to ride my lovely speedmaster around the roads of North Yorkshire :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Congratulations on becoming a fully fledged member of the biking fraternity. Hope the Speedmaster lived up to your expectations Dave :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Fab, well done Big Dave, I hope to meet up with you for a ride out sometime. I'm in Harrogate as you may remember. Congratulations now get your advanced course booked with Harrogate IAM.

Al

• Like Like x 1
  13. MonkeyRyder

MonkeyRyder Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Salford, Manchester
    Well done Dave, if your anything like me you'll start yanking that throttle bike, try getting the front end up, start believing you actually have the skills of Guy Martin and look for any tunnel or bridge to over rev your engine because the sound makes you giggle like a school!

But then again your probably more mature than I am! Oh and you won't end up wrapped around a tree either.....:upyeah:

14. Paulie

Paulie Member

Jan 4, 2014
    My sincere Congratulations, Big Dave! You nailed it!:upyeah: Drive safe!:upyeah::upyeah:

15. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Well done that man :upyeah: