Great video of a son singing along with Dad who has Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Sep 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire

• Like Like x 3
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Brilliant I enjoyed that. :cool::cool:

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Brought a lump to my throat as my mum has had dementia for about 15 years and hasn't spoken a word for the last 5 years,one of her carers started singing to her about 4 years ago and my mum started singing along with her,when the carer told me i found it hard to believe until i heard it for myself i was gobsmacked

• Like Like x 2
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I've just seen this on Faceache and it reminded me of my dear old Mum, who went batty at the end. Dementia and Alzheimer's are particularly horrible diseases for patient and families alike.

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    The worst ever disease you ever could imagine, after my Su's father died 7 years ago we realized that her mother was far worse than we expected. As i was self employed i started caring for her in my free time and we moved house to be closer to my parents as my father has dementia as well and moved Su's mum in with us. Sadly we lost her just over 2 years ago but she was 91 and a smoker bless her, i miss her swearing at people passing our house and all the politically wrong things she would say to people when we were out shopping lol. My mother who had been helping out with looking after my father then suddenly died 2 years ago out of the blue from pancreatic cancer in 6 weeks from diagnosis, now i just care for my father who has gone down hill very fast. He is happy in his own little confused world and has no clue who i am or even how to clean or feed himself, but just like Su's mother he can still swear though as every morning i am greeted by hello wanker i haven't seen you for ages lol.

• Like Like x 4
  6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Brought father a cd player today and put on some of his old cd's, can't stop him tapping his feet n rocking the chair now, more humming than singing along though lol

• Like Like x 2