Featured Grandson

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Foxy1, Aug 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Mornin Sandi, thanks for your concern. We went to see him again yesterday, we love him to bits. It's all very complicated, and I can't go into too many details, especially on a public forum. Basically, his Mother has whilst Thursday to say if she wants him with her in special accommodation. It doesn't look like she's going to, she seems to have prioritised other things, over her son. If she doesn't say she wants him, then he will come to us, and we have loads of bridging visits pencilled in, which include him having overnight stays with us at our house, and t'final court hearing is on October 1st. We have another problem though, as our son has to be out of our house before we can have him here. Me and our lass, and mi son are searching frantically for a flat for him, and have visited loads, but private renters are very picky, and rightly so, I'd be t'same. So, at t'moment we're trying frantically to find our son summat, and have everything crossed for Thursday.

• Like Like x 14
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good luck mate

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That does sound complicated - I hope it will all work out for you, mate. Especially for the little man's sake.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. GPT100

GPT100 Active Member

Sep 13, 2016
    East Durham Coast
    Best of luck to both of you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck mate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the update, Foxy. l'll keep my fingers and toes crossed and prayers going up that things work out for you and your grandson. It so sounds like "working out for the best" (as "they" always say) would be for your grandson to live with you and your wife. Please let us know how things work out when you can spare a moment after Thursday comes and goes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    All the very best @Foxy1 we hope this all ends well for you mate

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What's the news, @Foxy1? Hoping and praying that it's good. :heart::kissing:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hope it went well Foxy?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Fingers crossed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    mornin chaps and chapesses, thank you all for your thoughts and concern. Although we ant got owt in black and white yet, everything is lookin good. Her solicitor was late putting her statement in, which pissed us off, but we had a home visit from the Guardian, who is appointed by the court to oversee everything, and is an expert in t'social services department. Our lass was panicking, but he seemed oreyt, and seemed to like our answers to his questions, and our general demeanour, which is the reason he wanted to meet us in person. Like he said, you can't get a feel for someone over t'phone. He's recommending we start with a 6 month fostering placement, to see how we handle visits from mi grandsons parents, then after 3 months start proceedings to turn it into a full time Special Guardianship, which is basically adoption. We went to see him Friday and again yesterday. We should hear today if we're bringing him home at t'weekend for a night, as part of t'bridging process. Fingers crossed, AGAIN!!!

• Like Like x 21
  12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, that sounds very promising! We'll keep our fingers crossed though!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Fingers, toes ..... ALL jointed appendages ....... crossed for the three of you!! :joy:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Fingers crossed for ya @Foxy1 :)
    It’s looking good though :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    78a085da6e8e4eaecb81223670ddea93.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nice one Foxy, routing for you mate that all turns out well, good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    All sounds very positive. Keep smiling and thinking positive mate ❤️

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Good luck to you and Mrs Foxy. Hope they might make the right decision.

Alfie

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I've just bin home in mi dinner time, as t'last social worker was comin to see what we were doing about mi son movin out. Mi fuckin bulldog has nipped her! She stroked him ok, when she came int yard, and he was fine, as she walked into t'house he came up behind her and nipped her lower leg. I got home about 5 minutes later.m Our lass was going mad. When I got int house I let him in after about 10 mins, and he went straight to her, sat at her side with his ears back, as if to say sorry, and she was strokin him fine. I can't fuckin believe it!! Our lass is ont top notch now, as it's all gettin too much for her, especially tryin to get mi son somewhere to rent. At least t'social worker knows we're trying, and was great about dog, especially after he'd "apologised" to her, but says she still has to mention it on her report!! It never rains..............

• Face Palm Face Palm x 4
    • WTF WTF x 2
  20. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Tell me about it!!! Our lass is beside herself!