Grand meet-up in 2016.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thebiglad, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i know some fantastic places in Scotland and i'd be more than happy to organize routes and suss out accomodation, but it would be a long haul for the guys down south,maybe the Borders would be an idea, Mr Orange would be the man in the know about that area,alhough that would still be a bit of a hike for some guys.......

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Always wanted to visit Scotland - especially on a bike. Not too bad for me as I can stop off in Yorkshire for a night on the way up and down but a bit harder for some of the others (including biglad!)

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well I'm starting to feel human again so I just wanted to thank all those who made this event what it turned out to be, which for me at least - A BLOODY BRILLIANT TIME !!!!!!

Special thanks must go to the members who made it happen:

DougieD - his thoughtless devotion to duty bringing us excellent, great value, Event specific T-shirts;
    SamF - for his design work on the T's;
    Rooster - for attending members list management;
    LittleAde - for Schindlers list dinners management;

Crispey; Tiglet and AndyPandy - for journey planning, ride out mapping and management.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Yes , Only ever been in an Artic, never on a bike. Ferry from Belfast in the North, Sounds good to me.

5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Couldn't agree more, well done all, And to you Dave, For coming up with the idea and making that long journey from France.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    How could anyone ask for more, good roads and good looking sheep.
    Not that I look or take any interest in sheep,,,,,,,,,,,,honest.

Dave.

7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I usually go to ride in North Wales a few times each year and if mileage is a problem getting to Snowdonia then base could be around Llangollen or somewhere similar as the roads start to get interesting from there on with Snowdonia easily reached for ride outs.
    Only problem is the area can get heavily policed :( especially at weekends with plenty of unmarked cars and bikes.

Dave.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I'm glad everyone had a splendid time. I really hope I can make it next year as the Trophy needs a good run out. It's got cobwebs on it.

• Like Like x 6
  9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    After the Biglad described the ride out and food he could offer in his neck of the woods I think we shouldn't rule out a trip South.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    good Idea Ade, and whats on the dessert menu.?:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Another meet next year sounds a great idea.
    Ade's plan of taking polls and points etc, in my experience, just causes problems. The best solution I have seen is someone deciding where and when, accommodation and place to eat. If you ask, people get their nose put out when there choice doesn't win.
    This year worked cos biglad made the decision and we fitted in.

Borders are a great area for a meet, hardly any speed cameras, lots of brilliant rides going all points of the compass and I know of a great accommodation with local beer / eatery. Not too far to ride, but still get a taste of Scotland, without as many of the hideous midgies that ruin the Highlands.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sounds perfect

• Like Like x 1
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Scotland/Borders will do for me, so will France, doesn't have to be just one. Could be a 2nd domestic and a 1st international.

• Like Like x 3
  14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well obviously I would vote for Northern France, for example Normandy - loads to see and do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

That then becomes a holiday! I don't think I could justify to the missus the cost of going to France for 5 days just for a bike meet up. Sorry.

16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm sorry? My one night in a bunkhouse listening to an out of tune nasal organ was my holiday!! Just because you cross the channel doesn't necessitate an holiday but a commitment to the higher order! I punctuate my point by quoting a well respected member! " wibble wibble"

• Like Like x 1
  17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well ok I see your point. It's a majority thing and the channel makes it a lot more expensive!

• Like Like x 1
  18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It cost me £80 return from Newhaven to Dieppe using DFDS Lines.

19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    That's good Dave, My crossing was £120 return . Well worth the trip even so.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    Uk please I have no passport

• Like Like x 2