Got The Wife A Present!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vulpes, Apr 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What's the word on Mrs. Vulpes' progress on her moto testing and licensure, @Vulpes?? I've been a bit out of touch on the forum and have been wondering how she's doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, the vehicle control test was postponed due to red tape - that's now going to be next monday. Lessons are going well, and last Sunday we were a bit naughty and rode to a nearby industrial estate for some practice on her own bike. She initially had to get used to the throttle response on the striple, but adapted really quickly. So in effect we had our first ride-out together!
    It was good to have the intercom - excellent for giving instructions.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Too bad the vehicle control test was postponed, Vulpes, but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise from the sounds of what the two of you are doing! I think it's great that you had your first ride-out together and that the intercom worked well, too. Thanks for keeping us posted. My best to Mrs. Vulpes. Looking forward to a photo of her aboard that smart-looking Street Triple, too. :blush::heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Mrs HV has finally decided to take her test too so spent the day looking at Street Triple R Lows for her shorter stature :p good luck to Mrs Vulpes with the rest of her training ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    And good luck to Mrs HV!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes. Good luck to both the ladies. We are all routing for you.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Mrs Vulpes passed the vehicle control test with flying colours today. I felt very sorry for her as she had to take it in the pouring rain.. But hey-ho, she executed the test flawlessly. Road test next...

• Like Like x 16
  8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    :party::party: Congratulations Mrs Vulpes:grinning::grinning::party::party:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very well done :):)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    ROCK AND FRICKEN ROLL!! :party:

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Mrs Vulpes.
    Congratulations. We are all proud of you. Heyho you can soon join us all here in the asylum.
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Woo hoo! Congratulations to Mrs Vulpes! Now for hearing about her loving her Triple:cool: and booting you off it:p.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wahoooo! Congratulations to Mrs. Vulpes! That's terrific news. And that she passed her test in pouring rain is a testament to her motivation and fortitude. Please tell her I think it would be great it she'd join the forum and add another woman to the "family". I'm eager to hear about her certification/licensing adventures from her perspective and also to her future ride adventures! :):heart:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Has Mrs. Vulpes taken (and passed!) her road test yet, @Vulpes?? My but it seems you all have a lot of various tests to take for motorcycle licensure! In the U.S. there's a written test and a riding test and that's it. Well, I guess there's also a vision test of sorts at the MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) when you go in to get your motorcycle endorsement on the back of your driver's license. :joy:

I do hope that she's done or nearly done with the licensure/certification process soon. We're looking forward to seeing more photos of her Street Triple and perhaps even a pic or two of her on her bike. And some ride reports, too! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #75 Vulpes, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    @Sandi T mrs Vulpes hasn't taken her road test yet - that's booked for August 3rd. She is still taking lessons, and that's apparently going really well. I'll keep you posted, thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #76 Sandi T, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Thanks for the update, @Vulpes. I'm glad to read that Mrs. V's lessons are going well. August 3rd is just around the corner so I'll be looking forward to the news about her road test. Based on her "naughty" rideouts with you and your Speedy plus lessons, I'll be betting she passes with flying colors! Please give her my best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It sounds an aweful lot easier than here in the UK @Sandi T . However your term "get your motorcycle endorsement" has completely different meaning here in the UK :):);)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#78 Cyborgbot, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2021
    @Vulpes I can’t get (the current) Mrs CB to even have a go down our private road on my bike. How did you win Mrs Vulpes over?!?

Interestingly her (Mrs CB) hatred of bikes isn’t working on my kids who see me get home with a FGG on my face (frigging great grin) and are doing their CBT etc.

I am accused of encouraging them. Not true as I know better than most how bike accidents hurt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Wessa
    Uh oh, what does "get our motorcycle endorsement" mean in the UK? Will I be sorry I asked? :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    @Cyborgbot I had to let my horse go in november and am not getting another one... as horses were our common interest, mrs Vulpes proposed to get her license, so we'd have a mutual hobby again.

Accidents do hurt - I had a head on collision in Scotland 11 years ago... I was lucky to get away relatively unscathed...

• Like Like x 3