Featured Got My Bonnie Back

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TonyG, Aug 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I had a minor off back in June sometime and decided to claim on the insurance rather than do it myself as the tank had been dented. Initially, I thought I'd made a major mistake when they started to ask why I hadn't declared that I'd changed the mirrors etc.. However, the claim all went ahead and despite misgivings about handing my bike over to 4th Dimension for the repairs due to bad online reviews, they seem to have done a very good job. They couldn't replicate the original blue colour so offered to respray it any colour I wanted, so I went for the modern Thruxton competition green, and I'm well pleased. The paint job looks excellent, and they kept me informed throughout. Only complaint is it took so long considering it was just some scuffs and scratches.

SAM_0110.JPG

SAM_0111.JPG

SAM_0112.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Awesome color choice. Gorgeous bike. Stunning.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Looks brilliant as said great colour choice, :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    TonyG
    Great you have your Baby back and you are happy with it. Heard about Forth Dimension when i had my spill so insisted my bike be dealt with at Bulldog triumph which Carole Nash was happy with. But you have it back and you got the paint job you wanted so win win
    Joe

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    That’s the best looking 900 I’ve seen, period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks all.
    Need a new front tyre and set for the rest of the year.
    They seem to have done a good job, think they went around it checking fasteners as lots of bolt heads now have little white paint check dots.
    I did think of taking it to my Triumph dealer, but they said they just do direct replacements of any damage, so with a new tank rather than repaired, it would have been near write off territory.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'd be interested to know who this insurance company is, that questioned the replacement of something so trivial as mirrors. Makes you wonder if they have any real knowledge of the world of bikes and their owners, who chop and change parts all the time (unlike in the car-world), generally without informing insurance people. I realise some people tell their company about every changed grommet and washer but most don't. I never have, in 40+ years of riding. I just make sure I insure through a company that understands how and why, we customise our bikes.
    Sorry! Got well off the point of this post..yes, that's a great colour choice and really suits the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Brilliant, your bike looks amazing. I bet you are well pleased it is back in your garage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I am pleased to have it back, but it really does need a front tyre, it's still legal but I really notice it now after not riding it for a few months.

The insurance company was Markerstudy, I declare anything substantial like the changed exhaust, etc., but never thought to mention things like mirrors. As you say, the majority of bikers fiddle about with little changes. They did sound ominous at first, and took a long time to confirm the claim, but they covered it in the end.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
  11. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    That's an absolute stunner - great colour choice too! :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad you have your bike back and ready to go--after that new tire (erm, tyre) is installed. As many other have already said, that's a great color choice. I love that green and it looks fantastic on your bike.:heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    #13 TonyG, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Thank you. It's a tyre, or else I'll have to call you Sandy!;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Holtee

Holtee Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Sunbury
    Looks flippin lovely that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    Bonny looking bonnie there fella!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Got to say that looks awesome!! Loving the colour - kinda retro but modern. Great choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks, the more I look at it the more I like it. I'm not a fan of the chrome but the paint really sets it off nicely. Just have to try and stay upright for a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Strangely, the new colour is making it hard to insure, some won't quote and one more than doubled the quote, because I changed the colour! It just makes my blood boil. Luckily, my current broker came in around the same.

19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I don’t understand why changing the colour on a bike would make any difference to the insurance. Mind boggling

20. FRANKV

FRANKV New Member

Aug 27, 2021
    Madrid
    Muy bonita, le sienta muy bien ese color.