Got Me A New Toy .......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Oct 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well don e to you both, did you manage to fill the cups with champagne? hic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

No, thought that might be a bit OTT for a couple of Novice trophies :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Feck that a trophy is worth celebrating FFS, I'd be getting pissed if I won the wooden spoon! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

That’ll be you pissed at the end of the season then :joy::joy::p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Be lucky to win that ya bastid!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Aye well done but fancy suggesting filling cups with champagne to a Scotsman

I mean think of the cost !

Far better fill them with pints of Tennants

And if that's still too dear fill them with halfs.......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    How true, what was I thinking! :blush:
    Used to work in Scotland a lot when I was younger, needed a translator first time I went to Glasgow!
    Trouble is because everything on here is typed you don't pick up on accents & sometimes I just forget that I am speaking to people from all over the place. :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

IMG_20190124_163914.jpg

IMG_20190124_170429.jpg
    Had a good look at them, quality is fantastic, castings as good as OE, which if I'm honest, the ones for the Jag weren't quite as good.
    Painting new one's off the car is much nicer than struggling with them attached and rusty :p

• Like Like x 6
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

IMG_20190122_151929.jpg
    Sump guard made.

I'm sure the cardboard will be plenty stong enough. The brackets holding the wooden baton up are made of aluminium metal, they should be well strong.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If you think back, I got 4 steel wheels for a tenner. Pretty good deal. Bettered it, four alloys and a set 5 semi-slick Toyo R888's for ............

IMG_20190126_173602.jpg IMG_20190126_173535.jpg

........£0.00. :p:cool:

From a Mk1 Clio should fit ok, same 4x100 pcd, will check tomorrow that they clear the front caliper.

There's a single wheel on eBay for £75 !!!!:eek:

• Like Like x 4
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#131 MrOrange, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
    They might look ok in the picture, but they are barely legal tread depth on them. If I get the chance, might chuck them on a dry day and run around the block, but that would be all.

Plan is to get a set of these

upload_2019-1-26_18-37-44.png

which are roughly the same circumference as the 205/55 x 16 OE tyres, bigger sidewall will give less chance of snakebite punctures when you hit cattlegrids at 60+.

upload_2019-1-26_18-39-25.png

Not allowed full-on gravel tyres when competng in Targa rallies, have to be E marked and therefore road legal to compete. The gravel tyres, like I have for grass autotesting, chew the feck out of forest / farm roads, so not permitted on most Targa's. The Nankang's (World's 3rd largest tyre producer !!!), have MFS which stands for reinforced sidewalls. Pal of mine that gave me the wheels, runs them. Alloys on his clio are kerbed (rocks on stages, rather than kerbs) to feck and no damge on the tyre !!! I'm sold

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fucking, fuckity fucking fucker :mad:

Calipers identical. Except the banjo bolt is M10 instead of M12 as per originals

:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

What useless cnuts would produce these.:mad:

Plan is to try and acquire M10 banjo bolts, if they don't fit and seel, will take calipers and get them drilled and threaded to accept M12.

Painted them so can't send them back now:tired_face:

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Already have a set of taps buti their not standard thread. I 'think it's M12 X 1.0, which make it a fine pitch. I have some thread guages somewhere, but can't lay my hand on it, will look at work tomorrow.

Plus I don't have the ability to clamp them down and be sure they are square. If not dead square, the bolt won't seal onto the face. This is the hard part tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I'm usually happy to hack/bodge a solution, but not with braking, and not with the way this wee car is going to get hammered doing rallies.

Even if it costs me £20 to get them machined, still a cheap solution to knackered rear calipers :confused:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Spotlights on the Mini, were like indicators on a BMW, merely decorative. So new pair of 7" LED lights fitted today. Wanted to make use of the brackets that were on, so had to modify the grille. Was going to do it at some point in time, but done to facilitate new lights. Cooling should be helped, as there was a lot of plastic behinds the OE grille.

Before
    IMG_20181216_131807.jpg

After
    IMG_20190203_170431.jpg

IMG_20190203_154057.jpg

IMG_20190203_160916.jpg

Going out for a run once dark, I'll stick the camera on, just as a practice for filming our night navigational rallies.

• Like Like x 7
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#136 MrOrange, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2019
    When it goes dark, that's the headlights on dipped !!!
    When you can see anything, that's me new LED lights:cool:
    Need a bit of adjusting, aim is a little low, but not bad for a guess first setting.

Update: Just been out and elevated by 5 degree's, spot on (pun intended) :p

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Where did you get the spotlights from?

18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Screenshot_20190204-200433.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Welding up the front crossmember, to attach the sump guard to. Quite pleased with my welding, haven't done any in about 5 years!!! :cool:

IMG_20190208_121019.jpg

IMG_20190208_121711.jpg

IMG_20190208_121716.jpg

IMG_20190208_121705.jpg
    Tested !!!:p:laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Yeah that's my workshop. I'll take some photos next week, so you can see it full. Only good thing about the whole place. Had to use my own welder, been in over a year and still no plug on the new one supplied :confounded: Not allowed to do myself :tired_face:

Provide their own overalls and boots. :p

• Like Like x 1
  21. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

So this is my workshop. Can't complain. :cool:

IMG_20190212_155710.jpg

IMG_20190212_155733.jpg

• Like Like x 8