Featured Got A Surprise Letter This Morning

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by TEZ 217, May 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :imp: Well me ole mate, they need never know ;);), just bring some of the treasure you dug up to the BBR hospitality suite at the weekend and you secret is safe with me :eyes:.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :mad: Really ;), can't believe that you would make that up just to wind her up :dizzy: ....

.... of course I realised there was no treasure o_O:p:D honest!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Vecchio lupo

Vecchio lupo Senior Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Stuttgart
    in 1989 or so I sold a Norton 750 Combat Commando for what I thought was stupid good money. I instantly regretted it and asked the buyer if he would consider selling it back to me, he said no. I asked him to keep my number if he ever changed his mind. 17 years went by and in 2006 my mother said some guy called about a bike and she gave him my new number. It was Mr. Norton Commando and he wanted to sell. I asked how much and said he wanted what he paid for it $2000 USD, he said he never rode it, I bought it and it looked exactly like it did when I sold it. I rode that bike for a month and the old problems of electric, leaks, wooden brakes and rocking horse frame.

I then remembered why I sold it, so on eBay it went, I made another stupid tidy profit and thats why you should not worry about this guy. If you like it, keep it. He might sell it again when things change

• Like Like x 4
  4. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Yeah, there's loads on a roll of insulating tape, Dilli.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    File his letter for 3 years then have a rethink.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Go bike shopping, ignore prices (within reason), get quotes on custom paint jobs.

Decide if you would swap your bike for the new one with paint job. If not then just keep the offer in mind, file the letter. If you would swap then;

If the new one is less than what you have been offered, go ahead and sell.

If the new one is more than what you have been offered then go back an explain why you would sell for the higher amount.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    One question Tez,,,,why would you want to sell : unamused:

8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
  9. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Update - we spoke again last owner and I, we came to an agreement provisionally sold my bike :confused: collection when i return from short break away in the motorhome and remove my private plate, I keep all the extra goodies I bought to sell privately afterwards.
    will I regret it - probably - but getting a good profit on the price I paid for it nearly three years ago !!!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Cheers DD it makes sense, regrets yes - BUT

11. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    AGREE 100% DD cant turn your nose up to a profit 3 yrs doon the line,
    Plus still got to sell -
    Brand new boxed never opened Screen and unopened fitting kit for same, Leather panniers as new, original exhausts as new, Single seat and pillion seat, rear chromed rack, Tank bib as new, clutch cover, chrome petrol cap, other stuff I may have forgot !!
    PS - Fitted triumph original cover

12. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    HA HA LOVE IT !!:eek::eek::eek:
    Agree DD by the way I just remembered I bought something that's like rocky horse's shite to get hold of as discontinued many moons ago by Triumph, as I had the Touring long haul double seat at the time I was able to buy a Riders backrest thats fits into it, Cant get for LOVE anymore but as you know money will buy it :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ooooh what ya ganna get :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Well done Tez.

Will the next bike be towing a certain trailer or will it be sold or are you keeping that decision under your hat so as to keep a certain member on here dangling :eek:;);)

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Rocket 3?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I've absolutely no idea marra, :confused: But rest assured I will try to keep it as sedate as my last one was,:p Just so yours gets some limelight at the rallies we attend :D:D:D:heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #37 TEZ 217, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019

JUST SO MANY OPTIONS. :cool:

Well I was wondering how long it would take before said subject raised its ugly head, I have actually just bought a new hat so for now its hiding under there and saying NOWT :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Nice story, depends how much you are selling it for, personally i would let him have it back and get the new TFC rocket, what a bike that is….. Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 17.33.25.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Wants to be for 25k silly money IMHO

• Like Like x 1