Got A Date For More Treatment.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Jun 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I hope all goes smoothly and safely for you, Tricky. Thinking of you and sending some prayers up for you, too. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Wishing you well TrickyDicky, hope all goes to plan.
    Same to you Jtc :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hope things work out OK for you TD :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    All the very best Tricky our thoughts are with you mate take care

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Went down yesterday for my compulsory pre assessment and covid swab what a journey they sent hospital transport which i was told would be a car as it 110 miles and they sent an ambulance/minibus and had t detour to Peterborough to pick up somebody else so over three hours there and same back and it was like riding the hard-tail bloody thing was devoid of suspension and today i ache seats had no padding and i looks like the same again on Friday and being picked up at 3.30 as i have to be there at 7am and its going to be hell going back after the procedure and feeling a bit fragile.

To cap it off the driver told me that they are not tested for covid and he said the nurses are not either so kind of defeats the object and adding another passenger that also has not been tested is mental at this stage although i want the treatment i am in two minds about taking yet more risks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi TD, is there no way you could go under your own steam as it were? Are you allowed to ride/drive ?

It's kind of nice that the Health Service provides transport, but not so clever under those circumstances.

Best of luck,

Dave

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Don't know you Tricky nor what you have got or where you are going but wish you all the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

Unfortunately not Dave, and thanks i am beginning to feel i need the luck, They insist on transport rather than public for safety (joke) and although i could have driven there is no parking near the hospital in London and besides i couldn't afford it if there was and on Friday i am not allowed to drive anyway after an anesthetic...i suspect i would be just as safe on the train after that experience...the whole point was to get the cancer sorted without catching covid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    You may be better kitting yourself out in mask and gloves TD but for the duration it would be uncomfortable, just take care mate and soldier on the best you can.
    It's always awkward these journeys, I used to take the wife two hours drive to Aberdeen and two hours back every week for months for Cancer treatment but there where those who had to travel by light aircraft from Scottish islands every week on the same trip so I considered ourselves fortunate somewhat,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Did the same with the wife 15 years ago Don 45ml trip every day for seven weeks but i just did the driving so easy for me...15 years on and I'm feeling it...just having a good moan to all the good people here...rather than the wife as shes done it all.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 5
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It must be difficult to stay positive mate. I hope it works out well for you...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Good luck tricky, no other option you just gotta gan with the flow marra. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good luck mate and you know we’re all thinking of you :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Good luck mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I'm sorry you have to travel like that, tricky. It makes it worse and then to pile on travel out of your control really makes it difficult. If I were there I'd pick you up and drive you myself. Continued prayers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GPT100

GPT100 Active Member

Sep 13, 2016
    East Durham Coast
    Good luck mate

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    All the best - stay positive......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm so sorry to read about your truly difficult circumstances all the way around, Tricky. I'll send positive thoughts and prayers across the pond and I hope things goes as well as they can. Your forum friends are rooting for you. :heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #39 Tricky-Dicky, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Just back from the hospital this afternoon, Got there at 6.45AM yesterday morning after leaving at 4.00am but at least i got a car instead of a van which was good and on seeing the surgeon he told me that i was supposed to have somebody with me after getting an email saying that nobody could come to the hospital with me....would have been nice if they explained what they meant!
    So the upshot was that i had to stay overnight which proved to be a blessing in disguise as after coming around after the procedure i had a rather nasty dose of s***s, And not a nice anesthetic either as the gave me the gas & air before they pumped the knock out juice in instead of the nice instant oblivion they used before so a few seconds of unpleasant spins etc before the blackness,

Anyway the food was pretty good for a hospital and the waiting for the transport was the worst as after getting some fitful sleep i was told at 7AM that the transport had been booked for 11AM so was ready and waiting but the transport finally arrived at 1.15 PM and i got back at 4.15 after the drivers sat nav took us on a magical mystery tour that took us about 40 miles out of our way but at least it was in relative comfort as it was a car again so for those who have ever had a catheter fitted will know just what i mean.:eek:

Anyway the good news is it all went according to plan but no guarantees....why do they have to tell you all the negatives these days:(

But anyway i am relatively pain free and just hope that its gone for good with no developing side effects so long as i dont develop Covid....so i am happy for now and very glad to be back home...thanks to all for all the well wishes what i need now is plenty of luck.;):heart:

• Like Like x 12
    • Love You Love You x 4
  20. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    >> ..... what i need now is plenty of luck. <<

.... and plenty of rest!!

Plenty of support and best wishes available here - hope it helps ease the pain and discomfort, at least a LITTLE!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2