Gordon Bennets!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by H.O., Jul 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    was with swintons for over 10 yrs and happy until i bought a well nodded zrx1100,they wanted engineer reports along with new power specs so much hassle i left them and easily got nodded bike insured elsewhere twats.

2. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Never a truer word spoken MrOrange

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    My Multi bike went up 23% with Nash, phoned up to cancel the auto payment and they came back with a much better quote....bsterds. As for some of the others...Bike sure was comparable but expensive if breakdown was required and MCE although once again comparable wanted £1700 excess on the Speed3 and £500 on my old Tiger but then I was covered for track days :cold_sweat:

4. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Just had my renewal from Bennetts.

Really! I mean really!!!!!

Last year the Bonneville was £82 and last month I added a Honda NC750X DCT to the policy which cost £30.

My renewal is £414 for both bikes!!!!!!!

A quick look on the interweb and I can get the Bonnie for £94 and the Honda for £101.

Called Bennetts and the best they can do is £287.

Bye bye Bennetts.

Mind you they all seem to do it, offer a good deal then when renewal comes around bump it right up in the hope you'll allow it to auto renew without checking on the basis that they were the best last year so the same applies this year. Yeah right.

They don't even off you their best price, if the can do it for £287 that's what the renewal should have been not £414 FFS.

Anyway sorted and happy,

And relax......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Southern995Nick

Southern995Nick Well it started like this....

Sep 26, 2017
    Hampshire
    Was with Bennetts, even took the breakdown cover.. in fact I'm still waiting for the call regarding the breakdown... shocking company, thought the guy at the bikeshow 2016 was going to die in front of me when I asked him, sitting there on the flash Bennetts stand, how long does it take to get a call from the breakdown recovery department of the company you sold me to??? he didnt know where to look, and what made it even better, other people started to complain about the service they where receiving...ouch!

• Like Like x 4
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    There should me more of that at every insurance stand in bike shows!

7. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    That's what every insurance sales rep should be made to endure.
    Only trouble being they have skin like Rhinos