Featured Good To Get Out!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by kevin McNamara, May 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kevin McNamara

kevin McNamara Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Guildford
    Ahhh,
    Had a bit of a ride out to have a walk as permitted, with a couple of mates ,2M apart.

That little Yamaha flies. He has had it from new

Anyone else manage to get out today?

Frog 20200521_122414_copy_2016x1512.jpg 20200521_125825_copy_2016x1512.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Yes...been out to visit elderly father in law yesterday.

IMG_20200521_141546.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I didn't get out today. :pensive: But my new bike did! Mr. Sandi left on it about an hour ago to go for a ride with one other riding buddy of ours. I guess the bright side is that he can put on some of those sedate <3000rpm break-in miles. ;):rolleyes: The bike had 19 miles on the odometer when Mr. Sandi left our cul-de-sac. We shall see how many are on it when he pulls back into the garage! :joy:

IMG_8413.jpeg

IMG_8416.jpeg

Show weather in my current location.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I haven't been on the Forum that much lately & catching up after a few weeks absence is impossible unless you have time to waste, so didn't realise you had a new bike as well as your 'Stang, my goodness you are having a ball! :p

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, Billy, I am having a ball. ;) :grinning: I can now drive the Mustang--and it's a blast!-- and I'll be having even more of a ball when I can get back out on the bikes. For now, since I can't yet ride it, I'm enjoying planning the mods and customization on the new Harley. You can check out the thread I started back towards the beginning of May to read the whole sordid and illustrated tale of how I wound up with a new motorcycle. :joy: The thread title is "And Then There Were 2...Simplifying a Bit in Uncertain Times".

I've noticed you'd been somewhat absent from the forum and have missed you. Glad you're back and hope all is well with you and your family and that you're healthy. :):heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Will take a look when I get a moment Sandi.
    Although back, just don’t have the time that I previously as staff cuts have meant longer hours. Glad you’re able to drive the Mustang now & hope you get to ride the bikes soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Must be time for an update on your injuries, Sandi T.
    Hope all’s going to plan?
    Cheers,Ken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Ken! Things are going pretty well though slowly. My leg and hip strength are returning and I can drive my Mustang which is awesome. That manual transmission clutch is good "therapy". ;) My elbow is gaining flexion but v-e-r-y slowly so sadly I still can't ride my motorcycles. I'm just patiently plugging away each with my conservative home PT and will hopefully be able to ride again in several months. Not that I have in the past but I will certainly NEVER AGAIN take being able to ride for granted!!
    Cheers back atcha, Ken, Sandi

• Like Like x 5
  9. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    That silver yamaha 350 , we used to call them silver bullets back in the day. You can't beat the sound of a yamaha crackling away on start up. ........Well apart from my 900 Thunderbird yesterday when I went out to exercise. Lockdown resulted in me finally changing the steering bearings that had never been lubed in 24 years. Did it make any difference? Hmm , maybe whilst doing a feet up u turn. Remembered to apply some rear brake to stabilise, god I'm rusty !
    It feels like somebody turbocharged my bike when in lockdown. Riding skills are very perishable, a double wammy combined with old age.
    Be really careful guys an girls and remember how very lucky we are to ride.

• Like Like x 7
  10. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    upload_2020-5-23_15-50-16.png

GPS record of yesterday - 400km at final, Bonnie + me followed an old chap born and raised on an old Honda 400cc Super Sport 4cyl - I had some trouble, but it was awesome :)

• Like Like x 8
  11. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Not quite so ambitious as that....but got out again yesterday this time with friends on our Tbirds. Tunbridge Wells to Folkestone followed by a ride along the coast and back on A21 from Hastings...about 120 miles in the sun.
    Thats more like it.

IMG_20200525_135058.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  12. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    220mls yesterday , with a couple of mates . Lovely weather and roads pretty decent , a few gravel patches but nothing like last year . Ride spoilt a little by riding politics , having the slowest bike and yet waiting for someone to catch up is frustrating to say the least. And this wasn't some 80-90mph pace , I'm talking 65mph and tail end Charlie is nowhere to be seen after a couple of miles :kissing::kissing: . Mind you when he's leading 100mph seems to be no problem , I really can't understand this mentality

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Looks like everyone was back at work down here as all the beauty hotspots were quiet early on in the day. Just cracked over the 1000 miles on the Rocket. Still enjoying it but she is a big old girl at times :kissing:

IMG_2830-1.jpg

IMG_2827-1.jpg

IMG_2828-1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    In the garage today giving them an oil change but been out and about the last few days enjoying the good weather.
    20200515_162602.jpg
    20200515_153907.jpg
    20200517_154920.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. kevin McNamara

Apr 6, 2020
    Guildford
    Loverly bikes, can you tell me where you got your bar end mirrors and the make, also what you think of them please?

Cheers

Frog

16. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    I know they are a big beast and generally not a bike I would like , but the new Rocket has something about it that I am attracted to .
    I think it's another Triumph exercise in getting all the lines and proportions right and it has very imposing prescence
    Do I like it ?
    Yes I think I do :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Hi Frog, they're the genuine Triumph accessory mirrors, I imagine they're still available. Obviously the view is slightly restricted being so small, but avoids wasting it on your elbows as they're out wide.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kevin McNamara

Apr 6, 2020
    Guildford
    Thanks
    Frog

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  19. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    We still have a 5Km limit from home in Ireland so a blast out for pleasure is totally off the cards, it is very frustrating. But I can use it to commute to work instead which at least gives me a 60Km run in a day. With this weather I'll take it as it is mostly twisty back roads.

1995 Daytona 1200.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Lovely bike (in the best colour too :))