675 Gone In 15 Seconds

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by mark scarrott, May 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Sorry to hear and echo all what’s been said about the need for very painful treatment for the thieving ********.. but don’t blame yourself as they would have any bike they want no matter what locks are on them as they just pick them up and stick in the back of a van..

2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    The video above is really good to help raise awareness, but it needs to be followed by a well thought out (and agreed to) plan of action. I'll preface the following comments with the fact that I know I don't think or act like someone whose grown up in the UK. We've had completely different life experiences and our 'societies' (government function/social programs/citizen priorities) really are different. We also have our own 'cancers' in the US like school shootings, murder rates in urbanized areas, and corporate greed.

Most major problems have very complex origins and the solutions are equally complex. These situations don't suddenly appear, and the solutions won't happen overnight. However, anything that is done to stop just one thief is a victory. When you stop one and show that there is a real consequence to their action, you make the next one think and hesitate before they steal something. What really shocks me about the video is that, in some cases, the thieves are using lethal force (machetes, etc.) and that isn't viewed on its own as attempted murder or aggravated assault which should be crimes that the police aggressively pursue. Do they really view those actions only as part of the attempt to steal your bike, and therefore not as the very significant crimes that they are?

I have to believe that your politicians want to be re-elected as much as ours in the US. If that's the case, they don't want people working against them and giving political action committee (PAC) money to their opponents that promise to work on your issues. The starting point for situations like this is to bring all of the stakeholders together and facilitate discussions that lead to action plans that can realistically be implemented. Even if you only 'hold' the level of thefts at their current levels into the future, your efforts would be a success.

From both the national and local levels, the politicians and police should be meeting with the insurance companies, motorcycle manufacturers, motorcycle accessory companies, security companies, motorcycle advocacy organizations, and clearly bike owners as the affected parties. The problem needs to be quantified, trends need to be identified, the overall cost to society for these crimes needs to be developed, realistic steps to combat these crimes need to be developed, and the parties have to agree to prioritize and implement them. The only way it will happen, is when the affected parties 1) start the process and fund these types of meetings, and 2) let the politicians know they are well organized and won't support their elections or re-elections if they don't prioritize your issues.

It wouldn't take much personal effort for the 130,000 bike owners mentioned in the video to stage one or two protests in London each year to get some attention. On a positive note, the brewing companies would love it :)

I'm one of those people that really hates seeing any decent person get abused, and I'm often motivated to try and do something positive. Life is difficult enough without this type of problem. At the risk of being banned from the forum, I'm going to climb down from my soap box and try to resist writing anything else on this issue. Sorry for being so long-winded.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Really sorry to hear about this mate. I can only imagine how angry you must be. It sure sounds rife out there and from what I have seen definitely on the increase, the thieving bastards do not care who they steal from or about anyone's safety when committing these crimes. I sincerely hope authorities start doing more to overcome this, in time to come it will certainly spread to other areas and even countries, its simply put to easy for them !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Sorry for your loss.
    I use Biketrac on all of mine. Not cheap and £99 a year service charge, but if I forget to switch the ignition on and wheel it out of the garage, I get a phone call telling me it's been moved before I get my helmet on. And if they can't get hold of me, they ring the wife.
    If it is stolen, you can track it and Biketrac will go out and locate it too.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Sorry for your loss.
    I use Biketrac on all of mine. Not cheap and £99 a year service charge, but if I forget to switch the ignition on and wheel it out of the garage, I get a phone call telling me it's been moved before I get my helmet on. And if they can't get hold of me, they ring the wife.
    If it is stolen, you can track it and Biketrac will go out and locate it too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Feel for you mate. The bastards need some electrical treatment as Liam Neeson dished out in Taken

All the best

7. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Guys

Just thought I would give you a little update on the bike.

Insurance paid out very pleased offered top price for my RX so bought a 65 plate R in matt black 1500 miles on the clock.Staffordshire triumph really looked after me,reduced price,fitted lowering kit,12 months MOT £6400 very pleased,oh and fitted an Arrow exhaust and remap £38.00.

Came back off holiday last week to find 6 speeding fines from Lancashire Police my heart was in my mouth,then noticed it was for the RX so relief.:D

I went on line and saw a picture of 2 scrotes riding my bike through the cameras 6 times cheeky b--stards :mad:

Contacted the Police and they are suspending the fines so I should not hear from them again.:cool:

Then yesterday had a call from Warwickshire police telling me they have found the RX in Merseyside :mad:
    As I no longer own the bike passed information to insurance.

I wonder if the insurance will offer me the bike back?
    Do I want it?

We will see

Mark

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Wow its all happening, You seem to have it all under control.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Terrible to hear of all this but credit to you for hanging in there and coming out the other side with a position your happy with mark, top marks to Staffordshire Triumph for all there help and assistance getting the new ride all sorted and ready to ride, lesson learnt I hope and thats all we can do learn from our experiences and continue on until the next.
    Good luck Mark ride safe sir.