675 Gone In 15 Seconds

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by mark scarrott, May 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Have to say I am gutted
    Two Bast**ds on a motorbike with false plates stole my RX from the leisure centre I was at last night.
    This made me feel sick
    They did it in broad daylight and in front of security camera's
    Police have watched the video recording and said it took them 15 seconds and they were off.
    I work hard for what I have and now its gone and my excess will kill me £1150.00 :mad:

Not sure what to do now?

Do I replace or just live with one bike?
    Do I reinforce my garage which makes it more noticeable there is something in there?
    Has anybody got any super idea to really stop them from nicking my stuff?

I keep thinking about them taking MY bike apart and flogging it for F:mad::mad:k all !

Never thought it would happen to me so be vigilant

Mark

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Very, very sorry to hear this Mark - it's a real shit !!!!! And what are the Police going to do about it ?

3. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Wow Mark I really feel for you mate the scum bags should have their hand's chopped off.
    Tucker

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Sorry to hear your news! I can't believe the problems that you guys deal with in the UK with insurance and theft. I suppose it's the same in urban areas in the US, but I live in a very rural area. I wish I could send some of my friends over to help you (Horace Smith & Dan Wesson, or Sam Colt), but we would all go to the poke while the thieves just laughed at us.

If I could afford it, I would get another bike - the one I always lusted for - to console me. I would also put one of these on my bike, so I could run the thieving b@stards down right away and take great pleasure in confronting them. https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=128 with this service plan https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=129

• Like Like x 5
  5. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    fuck all I would imagine.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: Makes my blood boil every time I hear of this :mad: the bastards :mad:
    Feel for you mate :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Bugger sorry to hear this mate. Not much else you can say ....

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I feel sick.

9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Sorry to hear the news, the scum bags will hopefully fall off and have life changing problems. Hope things work out.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    What to say mate, just wankers:mad:

11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #11 Callumity, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Really? Stretching them? Not something Islamic.....a little more shortening of the sleeves?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yeah "short or long sleeves"
    B*stards!
    Lucky with the bikes so far but had two cars stolen in the past so I feel your pain. :mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  13. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the support.

I was shown pictures by the police of my bike being pushed along by another bike with the guy using his foot against the rear peg!!!!!
    Unreal.

I was at the Belfry Leisure centre in Staffordshire which has security gates,cameras and me stupidly complacent and not putting any locks on.

Hard lesson to learn!!!!

Police don't think I will see my bike again.

I'm now looking to replace it as it was the best bike I have had.

Hope everybody takes note of my mistake and gets them locks on.

Mark

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I feel your pain, it has happened to me twice in the past, excess is on the policy is a bitch, when searching for insurance I always set voluntary excess to zero, doesn't mean you aren't going to pay one, just keeps it to the compulsory bit the insurance company tag on.
    If they get caught (which in itself is unlikely) the punishment won't reflect the crime & they will keep their freedom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Get wrenching news Mark, sorry to hear it .Really feel for you,Karma will prevail tho'...

16. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    Hi Mark, Sorry to hear the news maybe worth a trip to Mcdonalds next tue to see if anyone saw anything , being Bike night they were brave or well planned with a van near by lots of bikes around in that area. Hopefully you can still do the Stephen Sutton run Sunday?

17. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Feel for you mate! Last year I had a Stripple 675 (with only 320 miles on the clock:sob:) taken in less than two minutes. Snapped the steering lock and towed away by a moped, I was indoors unlocking the garage, so obviously targeted.
    Beefed up security now! I know horse and bolted.
    With close to £25k worth of bikes, spent a lot of money on chains / locks etc.
    DSCF0317.JPG

You can not rely on the manufacturers security alone I'm afraid!
    Because the bike was three days over six months old, got knocked for 19% of value plus excess:mad::mad:
    Live and learn mate, move on buy something better....... i did an:rolleyes: MT09!

• Like Like x 1
  18. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I am so sorry to hear about this buddy. I know the feeling only too well....my 954 fireblade was stolen a while back then 2 muppets on a R1 gave me the chase to jack my GSXR1000K6 and I had to ride like a bloody lunatic to loose them. Few months later some scum stole my £800 bicycle. It is so bloody awful out there. Everytime I ride into central, I spend more time looking around than bloody concentrate whats going on in front of me :confused:

I think these days people spend more money on their bike security. The security is probably more money than the bike itself :(. But what options do the decent people have other than worry, spend and spend to keep your pride as safe as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Once again, I'm "fat, dumb, and happy" living in rural America, but I'll throw this out for you all to think about. It sounds like your police don't put much effort into solving these types of thefts. I get that, because they always have budget and staff limitations to balance against violent and 'soft' crimes. It also sounds like the number of thefts is at a ridiculous level. Why not think about setting some well-manned 'traps' with, or without the police, to catch some of the thieves. I worked for our Dept. of Natural Resources and, off-season, our Natural Resources Police would put fake deer (w/ robot moving heads) just far enough off the road to look real. The 'rednecks' would pull up in their vehicles and fire a rifle or shoot a bow. Then the police would arrest them and confiscate their firearms and vehicles. Maybe you all could make enough 'noise' with your legislatures and/or work with your insurance companies to push the police into doing this in the hot theft spots. You won't ever stop the problem, but you can slow it down with this approach. Who knows, maybe Triumph could even be convinced to donate a few desirable bikes (old stock) to the police to be used as the decoys.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    There's a real problem in UK for that.
    Have a look at this:

• Like Like x 5
  21. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    I'm always gutted and angry reading about bikes being stolen, really sorry for you pal. I know mine is stored "on the street" but away from anybody's sight, tied twice by the frame to a big metallic fence which heavy chains, under 2 tarpaulins and I'm never really peaceful about it. ( I don't have a garage). It seems there's never enough protection...