Goldtop Gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by bob1, Jul 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I recently bought a pair of goldtop gloves fantastic quality for the money only problem is they have a red lining and every time I wear them the dye comes out and I end up with red hands. anyone had a similar problem.
    I thought about chucking them in the washing machine to see if it washes the dye out, good idea or will it ruin the leather.

2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I once put a pair of leather gloves in the washer, they came out half the size and dried as stiff as a board.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Ive always chucked my trainers and gloves in the washing machine. The thing is not to let the gloves dry out in the machine. Put them on your hands wet and hang them on the line. Take hands out first. They will not shink on a cool daily wash. Dry them inside out on the line. to do this on the fingers use a wooden spoon. Only use minimal detergent. In my kinky leather days, my suits were always cleaned in a washing machine. If by you dry them out too much by off chance and they come out a bit stiff, saddle soap ofter does the job.