Featured Going To Sell The T100, Need Opinions On Leaving Mods On.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Flashp, Jun 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'm going to be selling my 2018 T100 Black and I'd like to invite opinions on how best to prepare the bike before sale. I've had quite a bit done to it to make it the bike it is and it's a big improvement over a stock bike. I know that generally it's easier to sell a completely stock bike, however, I'm tempted to leave it as is and try an ad before I start taking parts off. It's a well rounded spec and a big improvement over a stock bike. All original parts would be included in sale. Here's the spec, let me know what you think.

• Ohlins cartridge inserts - 3 way adjustable (can't remove)
    • Hagon 2810 rear shocks
    • Metzeler Roadtec 01 tyres - brand new, under 150 miles
    • Triumph comfort seat
    • Triumph bar end mirrors
    • Triumph heated grips (can't remove)
    • Norman Hyde Toga silencers
    • De-cat
    • Power Commander
    • Triumph 4 bar black tank badge
    • Triumph centre stand
    • Triumph sump guard, black
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    If you include the original parts, as part of the deal, save yourself the effort of removing.
    I would look at quality improvements as a bonus :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Surrey BC Canada
    Personally, I would take the mods off if able and sell them separately.

MOST of the mods you put on, although might help the sale to move along better, it does not add as much value to the bike as you want.

This is if you don't mind the hassle of actually selling the items later on and the gain of the extra cost sometimes isn't that much.

GLWS

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I would remove the adds that are nice and easy to remove and leave others on. You will never get the value of the extras in the bike if you do leave them on... they will make the bike more desirable though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    My question is why are you selling this lovely machine?I have done the same to my T120 and the thought of selling is not in my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Standard parts are worth next to nothing if you try and sell them but accessories do ok second hand.

Whilst accessories can make a bike more attractive and easier to sell, it's unlikely that you'll get much more for it accessorised as your idea of the right combination will likely not be the buyer's idea of the right combination...

Lots of buyers want to have a machine that's not been messed with mechanically either so the decat and power commander might actually make it harder to sell or reduce the value.

Looking at your list, I'd suggest...

• Ohlins cartridge inserts - leave on
    • Hagon 2810 rear shocks - remove & sell
    • Metzeler Roadtec 01 tyres - leave on
    • Triumph comfort seat - remove & sell
    • Triumph bar end mirrors - remove & sell
    • Triumph heated grips -leave on
    • Norman Hyde Toga silencers - remove & sell
    • De-cat - remove & sell
    • Power Commander - remove & sell
    • Triumph 4 bar black tank badge - leave on
    • Triumph centre stand - leave on
    • Triumph sump guard, black - remove & sell
    The centre stand and heated grips are "sensible" mods and suggest a mature (in attitude) rider

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    My list of parts to take off aligns with yours with the exception of the Hagons, if I leave them on each end of the bike is improved.

I wouldn't expect to get the value of the parts but was angling for a small premium based on what else I've seen for sale, £800 or so, which I thought was reasonable given that the fork cartridges were £950 fitted.

I'll give the ad's a chance before I go diving in. I have about £900 or so in parts and they're not too difficult to remove. Many bikes have been modified one way or another I've noticed, kind of the culture that Triumph foster with their extensive range of accessories.

For sale there aren't any with this level of spend at the moment so was hopeful as I didn't think mine was covered in 'trinkets' but had quality parts. I'm including the standard parts in with the bike, the new owner can do as they please with them.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'd keep it if the garage was bigger :tired_face:. I found a great deal on a bike and don't want to lose that opportunity. I have the Thruxton R to keep the 'retro' itch scratched. You may have seen that other ad o_O

• Like Like x 4
  9. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    UPDATE - All parts apart from Ohlins cartridges, Hagons and tyres (of course) are coming off. Started this evening, parts available by the end of the week. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Ok so I'm just curious how much are you thinking of selling the bike for as spec'd?
    It is a nice looking bike for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    With parts off? Not calculated yet but around £7300 give or take - don't hold me to that yet.The job is more or less done, de-cat will be out and cat back in later this morning then I'm just waiting for header gaskets then I can reassemble.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I'm feeling guilty that I suggested taking it all off if you'd like to buy it with all the stuff back on again...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    He'll be getting a bike and boxes if bits now :laughing: I actually think he meant specced as my last post since the price was already known for the bike with everything on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #14 Eldon, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    I was just curious although must admit, although not my usual style of bike normally, I'm slowly coming round to the idea o_O

Took a T120 out with our lass on't back and it was a giggle.
    When my 765 went for 6k service I took a Street twin from their fleet and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just again out of curiosity you understand : unamused: what does the T100 offer against say a Street twin?

For what its worth @Gyp I actually agreed with most of your spec suggestions ;)
    I'm glad the 0P went with the idea of keeping the front and rear suspension modified and so balanced ;) as otherwise it would appear robbed in a negative way in my mind.

ATB with the sale.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I suspected it m
    Thanks, it's shaping up well. The biggest single improvement was suspension and I'm happy to be leaving it as is. That and tyres were a massive step forward.

I'm 6' 1" and I found the Street Twin too small and the suspension was pretty poor having stepped off mine and onto this as a loan bike. Different style of bike, what do you prefer the look of? Mine felt more like a scrambler when I got back on it, much more 'up an at-em' if you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    The bike is re-configured all bar the suspension. Have to say it looks great and runs perfectly. Had to wait for new gaskets to reassemble the exhaust and happily I've not got a single leaky joint. I put the price at £7100, slightly unsure of this but I'm thinking it's more realistic and might encourage a sale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1