Gmu 2022.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tigcraft, Sep 29, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I've been given permission for this occasion already so i'm in. Like you said @andypandy , just a case of where!?

2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Scottish Borders ?
    Bellingham ?
    Wales ?

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Northumberland (Bellingham) was a great GMU I'm sure you'll all agree, what's more very close to me so I'm a little in favour as these days I can't ride for hours. It also had everything we needed on the doorstep ,shops, pubs, hotels, B&B's and camping field, not to mention the overall Beauty of the area.
    But also realise a canny ride away for some of you guys and gals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well we'll have to be quick. I reckon a lot of next years accommodation is already booked up.
    Looks like Bellingham bunkhouse has been converted to a cottage so that's out.

5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thats a real shame !!!! just read been converted into two king sized on-suite bedrooms and now caters for just four people. :mad::mad:

6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Scotland sounds good to me... it is the place to go for biking after all :cool:

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I remain happy with any location, so Scotland or anywhere will do for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I’d go to the GMU if it meant not going to Scotland.

Only because it’s a frigging long way from the South coast.

It’s also as far away from @Dave49 as I can get without actually getting my feet wet. Getting closer would make me nervous.

Surely there’s somewhere equidistant?

Forget that - you folks have struggled year after year to get a bunkhouse and other accommodation sorted. Not an easy job.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    I looked for a chip shop in Salisbury a few weeks ago. There isn't one. I rode from there to Stockbridge and nothing their either. Romsey shop was closed, so i went to my local in Totton. 80+ mile round trip, just to end up back where i started. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bea...3c836dded28!2m2!1d-1.4985934!2d50.9141239!3e0

10. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Cottages??? Blimey! That’s sad! Was the best place imo we did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    July is good for me but not overly important, anywhere in Scotland is fine although further up would be of more interest for me as I’ve still not spent any time reight upt top!

12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #52 Sandi T, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    For the past couple of years, Mr. Sandi and I have talked about making the trek--and flight--to GMU. We're still quite interested so I'll keep tabs on this thread. Other than maps we have and commentary on this forum, we've precious little knowledge and no personal experience with the areas under consideration. He and I have considered combining GMU with some motorcycling through the UK. Any advice is most welcome!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

If you were to include the south east of England in your tour I’d happily show you some nice routes.

There are loads of nice places to visit throughout the UK. Wales is my current favourite.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I'd love to join you if you did that... a kind of mini-GMU for the southern softies.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's frustrating, although not a bad ride around. There used to be a couple of chip shops in Salisbury but they are down side streets right in the centre - not sure if they are still there.
    Stockbridge would never allow a fish and chip shop - posh f*ckers! Just expensive pub meals and coffee shops. :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    I asked 2 people in Salisbury, they both said there was not a chip shop left. Kebabs, burgers, Chinese, and Indians, was about it. I stopped at the Crown, in Kings Somborne, which is a bikers pub. They had fish & chips on the menu, at £12.95, and not only would it take half an hour to get served., I would have needed 3 of them. So i gave that a miss. As you said, it was a nice ride out anyway. :) https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta..._Crown_Inn-Stockbridge_Hampshire_England.html

• Like Like x 1
  17. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I'm sure I speak for many when I say it would be great to see you at next year's GMU.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Nothing booked up yet for 3rd week of July, or thereabouts. I've pencilled in the dates so they don't get booked up inadvertently.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Happy to be your guide to Cornwall if you find time to visit the SW of the UK (although July/August is the worst possible time as it will be full of Brit holiday makers)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If anyone can find a bunkhouse around the 3rd weekend in July that would be useful. I've had a quickish look around southern Scotland but couldn't find anything substantial, just a few odd rooms.