Gmu 2020 Banter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Oct 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm already a member of the Triumph forum group mate.
    User name is Wim Pol.

• Like Like x 2
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ok I just put 2 routes in thetriumphforum MRA site, in version 2 takes you via Newbury where my original route started from
    and the other one takes you via andover on the A303
    Ive used both routes from the M3 but have extended them from Dover using the A272 for you, going via Loomies {stop 4 on one and 6 on other} It might be an idea to use the m/ways for the first part otherwise youre looking at a 9hr plus ride.
    Both are good routes @steve lovatt will hopefully vouch for that
    If you use them check the waypoints carefully to make sure they arent off the route

• Like Like x 2
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Can someone add me to the group please ;);)

4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That's great mate - I'll have a look at the routes and make sure they work for me. Thanks a lot for the effort!

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I'll vouch for that! :D

6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Go on myrouteapp.com and find triumph forum group and ask, I'll approve you. If you let me know your name on there, it's easier for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Already done mate, unsurprisingly it's Helmut Visor :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That looks great @crispey. When I land in Dover on the wednesday I'll probably keep going for a few hours, and find a B&B when I get tired. That'll knock some distance off for the thursday. Thanks for that mate.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Scampey

Scampey Member

Sep 22, 2019
    London
    Might aswell get it out in the open before @Repooh grasses me up... Traded in my scramber900 last week... i have a new steed... brand new Kawasaki Z900RS... if i wear my Triumph T-Shirt can i still come ??? :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah but you gotta do the cooking :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    The z900rs is a cracking bike, test rode it before I bought the speed twin. Nice ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Don't worry Scampey,it won't be the only Kawasaki,my only bike is a kawasaki,but i have several triumph t shirts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

And you’re doing the Feckin dishes :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Sorry Dilli,i am an anti-social f--ker so won't be in the bunkhouse and i don't do the dishes at home,so sorry mate youv'e got no chance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    So then when do we get too see this year's Gmu tee shirt and hoody as I would like to order mine and Lisa soon as.
    Love you guys :heart:
    Tucker

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I've not seen anything posted re the tee shirts this year ? I will defo have a one if they are going to be sorted....

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'd have one - but wasn't it usually Dougie who sorted that? He hasn't been on since november?

18. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    Black ones are the best.
    Tucker ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I can confirm this is true having driven down there last Friday :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i recieved an email from Jez wondering if i could organize the t shirts again this year, but Sorry guys, i'm really busy with work this year so i'll have to pass, I’m sure there will be someone willing to volunteer ,it’s not difficult, although it is time consuming!! ,below I’ll list a few pointers for whoever volunteers this year

Send EVERYONE who has put their name down on the accommodation thread a PM asking them if they would like a t-shirt or Hoodie and if they do, ask them what size and which garment they would like.

Sending a PM to everyone is much better than either a poll or just getting folk to say what they want one on a particular thread for various reasons, EG they might miss the thread if they only log on every few weeks and a poll never seems to work we tried doing a poll last time but the numbers didn’t add up, so I ended up sending a PM, also with a PM you can easily find orders when you double check things which is important to do!

Rather than just scribbling the orders down in a book it’s a lot easier if you make a list see example below
    20200306_100253.jpg

Normally you will find that for the bigger size t shirts a 2xl could be 10% more, a 3xl 15%, and 4xl 20% but what I do is divide the total cost by the amount of t shirts ordered and everyone pays the same price. It makes things simpler (with hoodies it’s not so important to do this as there are not usually that many ordered)

The print set up charge is usually separate, so I would divide that cost by the total amount of garments ordered (the more garments ordered obviously the cheaper it will be for everyone)

The more colours you have in the actual design the more expensive it will be,

The last couple of years I have sent the majority of garments to a forum member who kindly takes them in his car, I used DHL standard delivery but in hindsight it would be safer paying the extra cover with them in case something does happen, I think it was about double the price but it would be worth it for peace of mind. Also I have since found out that it is a lot cheaper getting it delivered to a pick up point rather than a home address.

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2