Gmu 2019 Banter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Aug 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Dumfries Prison full of the sicko's too. Guess that's why they get swapped between them regularly.

I love this forum, what an awesome derail. :p

Back on track - guess where I am now? Sat in Langholm on my way to bellyjam:D. Rode over here so much for the GMU, got fed bored with it, but all this talk has made me nostalgic.

About to go over the single track @BonnieCat so expertly took in her HGV !! ;) I was worried it wouldn't make some of those tight bends !!! :laughing:
     great bit of riding from her.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Maybe they offer bunkhouse accommodation?
    peterhead-prison-museum-13_orig.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    If Bellingham is booked, make sure they have fixed their cooker so everything gets fully hot at the same time, please.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah yeah.....bad workman and all that :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Go decorate your phone, oh to late.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Stopped at Bellyjam bunkhouse today for a photo (see rides thread), and the lass came out to ask if I needed anything. Said she'd happily have us back !!!:eek: But that we do need to get booked asap to get sole use. This may be BS just to make sure she gets it booked out, I suspect 1/2 and 1/2.

She says they have upgraded the bunks, they now have a wee shelf, with a light and a USB plug for charging yer phone. Pretty cool, never seen that on each bunk before.:cool:

• Like Like x 5
  7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Bellingham sleeps 15. Think it will be a quicker fill than we have seen before, if we do opt to go there, or anywhere elase for that matter.

If numbers do increase, it will have to be camping for the rest. I think the places we have been to, will limit the size. Maybe that's a good thing. Could we cater for 40 or 50 people at one of Sprinters meals ? It would start to get difficult and also we would lose some of the nice quaint feel we have now. I don't see it happening any time soon, and have to worry about it , if it were to happen.

Also I think, bunks would / could / should be reserved for regulars? Hate to think of any of the guys that have done all 3 missing out because it's booked up !!! But we'll have to cross that hurdle when we get there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    At the bunkhouse in Wales was there a limit on the amount of people allowed in at any one time ? and if not how many came along for sprinters meal? Just asking as I have 3 different bunkhouse locations in mind (not including the Tyndrum one)

9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    ok but don't call me Crispey! I think you will find that all the bunkhouses will have a limit for the amount of people inside due to insurance requirements (bbQ will be different) I havn't contacted the 3 bunkhouses yet but I think i'd like to be sure it would be ok for however many came for sprinters meal rather than just assuming it would be ok only to discover there might be a problem

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    oops yes I just assumed Sprinter would be cooking,i was just really wondering how many attended this year so I can get an idea of how many folk would be coming to the bunkhouse for a meal..one of the bunkhouses I have in mind will be fine I think as they hold 42 people but the other ones hold about 20 odd I think

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm away for the weekend, but I'll get on the case on Monday and find prices etc for the 3 bunkhouses & hotels nearby

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Dougie, I think there was about 13ish visitors to the bunkhouse on the Saturday night for Sprinters & co feast.

DD with regards to the much better craic at the bunkhouse :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’d got a job trying to understand some of the bunkhouse inmates :eek:;):)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it seems that the bunkhouse in wales were quite relaxed,i'm not sure if all will be like that though:confused:, how many were in the bunkhouse in total for the meal?

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cheers that gives me an rough idea,i think the one in Tomintoul might be a bit small to handle that amount of folk,pity as I've stayed there with mates when the annual bike weekend is on,it's not fancy but has everything you need, it might be a bit far for the southerners anyway come to think of it ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I think everyone who was there on the Saturday, bunkers and hoteliers, attended the feast.

BUNKHOUSE

Forum Name, Real Name, Nights Booked
    3 Bedroom
    1. MrO - Ron - T/F/S - 3bed room - DBL bed - booked/deposit paid
    2. Dozers Dad - T/F/S - 3bed room - bottom bunk-deposit paid
    3. Andyc1 - Andy - T/F/S - 3bed room - top bunk - Cheque in the post
    9 Bedroom1 (eight if single use of the double bed)
    1. La Roca - Dave Evans - T/F/S - bottom bunk bead - deposit paid
    2. Kelvin Jones - Saturday
    3. Dwynwen Jones - Saturday
    4. AndyPandy - Andy - TFS - bottom bunk bed - iyp - fully paid up
    5. BoniCat, Nikki, Friday & Saturday
    9 Bedroom 2 (eight if single use of the double bed)
    1. Rich Bryce - T/F/S - booked (I'll take the double unless someone has greater need).
    2. Dilligaf (Graham ) T/F/S - paid in full. Bottom bunk (as he'll be too pissed to climb up the ladder to a top one)
    3. Eastbournemark - T/F/S - Paid in full (Botton bunk requested, lining paid for)
    4. Wessa - F/S - booked, bottom bunk resevered......
    5. Don’t know Name
    6. Don’t Know Name
    8.Sprinter,James,Booked T/F/S Bottom Bunk request.left a gap, for the farts+feet.

CAMPING

Forum Name, Real Name, Nights Booked

1. Steve

HOTEL

Forum Name, Real Name, Nights Booked, Which Hotel

1. Rooster & Mrs Rooster, Mick & Judith, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Trewythen Hotel
    2. Gazwhitespeed,Gary,Trewythen hotel,12th,13th,14th. CANCELLED
    3. tcbandituk, Martin (or TC), Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Trewythen Hotel.
    4. Tucker / Tim & Mrs 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, Trewythen Hotel
    5. Smilinjack/Alan Trewythen 12th & 13th only. - CANCELLED

Alternative Accomodation

Forum Name, Real Name, Nights Booked, Where you are staying

1.crispey steve tfs, mount inn llandidnoes. Only cos I don't think I'll make it and can cancel
    2.Roadrider,Tim, Mount Inn Llandidnoes.
    3.Havit,Wayne.and my Little Ade. Adrian
    4. Odinz and Mrs, Mount Inn , 3 nights. " Avast me hearties"
    5, BonnieCat, Nikki, CANCELLED
    6. Tiglet, Dave. Mount Inn Saturday night only
    7. Steve Lovatt: Mount Inn 12th, 13th, 14th.
    7.David Vincent and his son at a Hostel
    8 Mark Slattery
    9.Tigcraft: Mount Inn 13th >one night stand!

Unicorn Hotel
    Rich - Richard Stanton (Steve Lovatt's mate) 12th, 13th and 14th

16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep I was originally booked into a hotel, but as the bunkhouse was not getting filled I cancelled my hotel and booked the bunkhouse. My decision was based on the amout of effort put in by Rooster et al, and it seemed like the right thing to do... Had a great time and wil definitely book in the bunkhouse next year.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    To be honest there is a limit to how many you can cater for,especially without knowing the set up before hand.
    Andy, Mr and Mrs Chiari and myself worked all day Saturday in the kitchen, not to mention Andy serving breakfasts everyday.
    I would say, within the confines of this type of kitchen ( Andy and I , now have experience in3 or 4 of these) we maxed out the possible numbers, and courses, achievable , and bear in mind, none of the cooks completed any ride outs.
    The minimum requirement next year would have to be about 6 volunteers for the Feast, and that's with numbers like this year ( 34 ish ).
    I think @andypandy and @chiari1 will back me up on this.
    You people can eat quicker than we can serve,is what.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm not thinking 35/40 for accommodation Ade but one that will hold 35/40 for a meal..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    you guys are saints i didn't realize you missed out on all the rideouts..what about organizing a big Indian carry out the next time and that way no-one has to miss out on the rideouts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ok so you’re talking about regulars only, doesn’t inspire new members to attend!! We had a number of non members this year who were very welcome additions, no partners then? Maybe only people that go on ride outs? Triumph owners only?
    At the bunk house I experienced a full Richter scale snoring and although I would love the bunk house experience I need sleep and to drink as much as I’d need to to sleep through that I wouldn’t be able to go out on the rides which is a big part of the ibjective, ban old farts then!
    Some can’t commit so far ahead fair enough if I found I could make it but was too late for the organised accommodation well tough, I found that in the Scottish one, no accommodation so tough, would you kick someone out? Because they haven’t had as many likes as me?
    We have had perfect gmus so far it’s only going to get harder
    To better them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    So is that don’t call me “crispey” or “don’t call me crispey” I don’t have your number but I do like the hard to get approach

• Funny Funny x 6