Gmu 2018 Wales - Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Going to pull out of this as I am now from Saturday a non triumph owner I do not want to go to rallies/meets if I haven't got a triumph so hope you all have a good time.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Is it your choice or feel you have to?

3. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Yes thanks but I would be a hypocrite because it annoys me when I used to go out with my local triumph club and there would be a Harley,honda and a bmw,i am getting a Yamaha MT10 [a naked R1]

4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    No worries on that score Gaz you wont be a hypocrite at all, there will be some coming by car etc, its a meet up of like minded guys who like to talk bikes and have a damn good time, don't worry marra you'll have a lot more than the fact you don't have a Triumph to annoy you, especially when your sharing a room with eight other farting/snoring drunk blokes.
    If its any where near as good as the last one then you shouldn't miss it if you can help it marra. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Could One of you more cleverer types please add me to the list in the bunkhouse before I smash my phone up :mad: just can't seem to do this :confused:and yes I'm drunk :p
    Dilligaf/Graham bunkhouse T/F/S paid in full
    Bottom bunk

• Like Like x 1
  6. odinz

odinz Flightless

May 7, 2017
    hull
    I can't figure out how to copy and paste on my tablet,could someone add me as booked for Wales.Im staying at Mount inn and have booked for 3 nights with myself and herself coming.Cheers bit of a techno fobe...

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Just an update on registration numbers.

We have 7 people registered to stay in the Bunkhouse and 14 registered in hotels. So 21 in total so far.

Not bad considering the GMU does not take place until July next year. So it could be a record year.

A word of caution. The Bunkhouse needs 20 people staying in it to guarantee sole occupancy. Still plenty of time to book but we do need 20 by the new year to be sure. So if your thinking of going please book sooner rather than later.

Link to registration thread. https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/gmu-2018-wales-accomodation.10927/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Is it looking unlikely that we'll have sole occupancy? How many did you total last year?

9. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I think there was about 28 in total with 16 or so in the Bunkhouse. So we only need 4 more than last year for the Bunkhouse. Still early days, some will not know when they can book holiday yet.

10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Yes, I agree. We have until Jan to get up to 20. They may extend that date further if we are well on the way. If not then I think your idea is a good plan B. So let’s see where we are after I’ve called them in Jan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Just booked into the Mount Inn for Saturday night only as I don't arrive home from the IOM until the Friday. Will be there for 7days at the Southern 100 road races. Will ride down to Llanidloes early Saturday morning and meet up with you guys for Saturdays rideout and a meal and a few beers in the evening :)

*Rang the Trewythen hotel and they only had a quad room available and the Unicorn was fully booked.

• Like Like x 3
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Why are there 2 people in one bunkhouse and 2 in the other? Something happen this year that we dont know about??:broken_heart:

13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The extra hotelier numbers are of 1st time GMU visitors and I must say they appear to be courteous gentle folk so should fit in well with the rest of us hoteliers :eek:

Maybe the 1st 3 who booked to stay at the bunkhouse have frightened the usual bunkhouse ruffians away:yum;):):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#113 MrOrange, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2017
    I have to agree with @Dozers Dad on this, part of the craic is staying at the bunkhouse and just roughing it for a couple of nights.

Hotels aren't so near as in Bellingham, can't just wander over !!!!

Be a shame if this becomes them 'n' us !!!!:confused:

Nearly a mile out of town, I won't be wandering in of an evening. So its box of beer (or 2) for the weekend !!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Could you move the Banter to the Banter thread please so we keep this one as just an Accomodation list.

16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    And in any case we'll sell enough rooms by July, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Sorry, unable to attend GMU, a lifelong friend has just dropped off a wedding invitation to his wedding, Sat 14th July. Have paid my deposit for the accommodation, so just put that into the coffers for the bunk house. I know it's only £12, but every little helps. Not doing very well with Tour dates at the moment :( Hopefuly see you all in 2019

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Sorry unable to attend GMU, a lifelong friend has just dropped off his wedding invitation for Sat 14th July. Donate my deposit to the bunkhouse fund. Hopefully see you all 2019

19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    some people are so incosiderate, and cheap, he could have posted it, then you could have said you never got it

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    No, hand delivered, face to face! Perhaps no one else is going :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #120 Havit, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    I don't know if any of you recall , But last year after leaving Scotland I went to Essex to my mums and then on to south Wales to Fishguard in some of the wettest conditions I have ever ridden in.
    Any way I booked accommodation in Wales at the last minute as it was unplanned on Airbnb, I turned up looking like a drowned rat at the accommodation.
    I was welcomed by a fellow biker and his family who kindly made room in there garage for my bike and made me very welcome.. we talked about bikes and my trip to Scotland and had a very good Evening.
    I told him that this was our second year and we hope to do it next year and he asked me to let him know as he would be interested in comming with us. As it worked out that our next trip is in Wales I contacted him and he is comming !, he has booked his accomadation and is looking forward to meeting you all. He is bringing his son who had a bad motorbike crash and lost his arm and leg, They are real nice lads so im looking forward to seeing them again .

• Like Like x 10