Gmu 2018 Wales - Accomodation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rooster, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Don't cancel! We all get on well together - honest! I seem to remember some of us eating at the hotel in Bellingham last year and then meeting up at the bunkhouse. Didn't cause any problems. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #22 Havit, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Its obvious you have never been to GMU before if thats how you think we are. All i can say is Your missing out on a great meet of like minded bikers with the same agenda. To have the crac and enjoy the ride.o_O
    . you will be sorry. Trust me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    I went on a triumph rally all the way to ullapool(on my own,which i hated) when WE were sitting in the pub at night there were 8 lads from warrington sitting 10 yds from me,nobody invited me to join them,that's what the english are like,they have all the time in the world to talk to each other at home.I stupidly thought we all went up there to be together,iv'e just come back last week from a rally in ireland where even women & kids in the street were interested in where uv'e been and where you are going,anyway i cancelled last night shame coz i was looking forward to it but didn't want it to turn into another ullapool.

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I'm not going because of prior family commitments, but what I would say is this. I attended the Scottish Tour a week ago, my first venture into the meet up 'unknown' & it was brilliant. Of course your decision, but ultimately your loss me thinks. Life's too short to worry about what might not happen. Seize the day I say :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Book yourself back in mate
    I went to the GMU last year and didn’t know anyone :confused:
    Couldn’t have met a better bunch of people from all walks of life and different places/countries :grinning:
    Was a great experience and would recommend it to all :cool:

Ps....I’ll talk to you :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

See, Dilli will talk to you.

You won't understand a word he says, but you just nod and smile like the rest of us !! :p:laughing:

I am not the most gregarious of people, downright miserable twat at times, but these really are a bunch of good guys and you won't be excluded in any way.

Even if they posh buggers can't be arsed to visit, still have a blast at the bunkhouse. We have Dilligaf!!! o_O just apply alcohol, wait an hour and entertainment aplenty. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Again i say..... you havent been to A GMU. We are Not a club or are we clicky. We turn up mostly on our own or meet on route . some of us have met from previous GMUs but nobody is ever left out. We are bikers. We all have somthing in common. The thrill of riding bikes. If we didnt have each other we would bore the pants off everyone. .
    I can say hand on heart you will not be left out. Your one of us mate.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I forgot to add .....we even talk to B*W riders !!!. Now dont that tell you somthing :po_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes! Look how inclusive we are! That just proves it. :cool:.
    Some of us "posh buggers" (that's people who like a good nights sleep) will be visiting the "commoners" in their hovel - I mean bunkhouse - so you would definitely be made to feel welcome. You should be able to tell that from the banter!
    Dilligaf will talk to you but you won't be able to hear him over his cocktail shakers! :cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Well I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys and girls.It's called a meet up because we will all meet in the bunkhouse or hotel
    Tucker

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    @Gazwhitespeed i can only assume you haven’t been on this forum much or read posts that don’t concern you directly as anyone that has will know that this is not a normal forum, if you take a bit of time and look at the threads about previous gmu’s you couldn’t assume we are like that, ok we might not all live in each other’s pockets ever hour but we alll get together for the evening and ride outs. To make assumptions about people from a couple of posts, well.......
    Give it a go you won’t regret it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    I have to agree with you on this.
    Oh forgot too say am always getting told off by the Wife as I will talk to anyone.
    Tucker

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180512_012617.jpg Tucker

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I remeber going to the biker night....only us turned up :grinning::D:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Hi Gaz, last year was my first forum rally and I’m not the most outgoing person, but I can honestly say that I was made to feel welcome by everyone who attended. I attended the Sprinter Curry in the Bunkhouse, which was one of the best curries I have ever eaten, I went on both rideouts, where it pissed down most of the way but was still a couple of great rides. I had two meals with they guys who stopped in the hotel and then spent the rest of the night back at the Bunkhouse. I also rode to and from Bellingham with Ade who I had never met beforehand.

I hope that you can see from the comments made by the other guys that you would indeed enjoy yourself and be missing out on a great weekend if you didn’t come. So please give it a second thought.

I haven’t given to much though yet to organising a ride to and from Llanidloes. But it did occur to me that anyone traveling from the East could meet up with Ade andme in the Worcestershire area and ride over as a larger group. Stand by for more thoughts on this soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    @Gazwhitespeed I think these last replies to you not coming to the gmu sum up the guys on this forum, no one has replied with a “so F off who gives a F” but tried to keep you included.
    But we’re not going to send you a chauffeur driven car, you’ll have to make you’re own way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    That what they said

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

So, f... Off, who gives a f....

:cool::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Last year I went to the GMU on my own, I’d never met anyone of the guys before and had an absolute blast. What an awesome bunch of people from all walks of life but with one common love - biking and having fun. Everyone was super friendly and were it not for my current situation at home I would be there again for this years GMU in a flash. It was one of the best meet ups I’ve ever been to.
    So I would suggest un-cancelling and go

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  20. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    So let me add to Admin's sentiments - Feck off Gary ;)

Seriously mate it's a great inclusive bunch of folk - so long as you don't mind suffering Jez for a whole weekend. Bellingham was my first GMU where I quickly became friends with a great variety of idiots. More recently ten or so of us met up in Scotland last week. There were three new faces who quickly fitted in. We had a brilliant time together, including Sprinter's Sunday roast dinner, and a trip to Ullapool where we definitely talked to each other.

Nearer the date we we can arrange to meet up your way then ride across to Worcester to meet up with Rooster and Ade and ride across to Brecon together. I'll probably be with figwold if he ever gets round to making his mind up.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1