Getting Your Back End Splashed.

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Mike2105, Mar 15, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I've actually gone off the look of a lot of tail tidys, if you look at most bikes side on, the subframe has a distinct line or shape. With the factory plate hanger it moves the plate, light and indicators away from the clean lines and you see the shape of the rear end. With a tail tidy your adding clutter to those clean lines. Thats what I see mostly with tail tidys, clutter. There are exceptions of course, the thruxton springs to mind.

2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    What I see from the side profile is a huge hunk of plastic protruding out from the back of the bike, that looks absolutely hideous in my opinion. I think I’d go with the option that mounts to the swingarm and wraps around the rear tire before I left that hideous contraption off the back of the bike LOL.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #23 Sandi T, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    I completely agree with you about Thruxtons looking better with tail tidys, Andy. But as for other bikes and tail tidys, I definitely prefer the tail tidy (Evotech) on my Speed Triple to the original factory plate hanger. Looking back for photos, I realize that I put the tail tidy on so quickly after I bought my bike that I've really only one decent photo of it stock and that's from the day I took it home. To show my bike with the tail tidy, I tried to find a photo that was from a similar angle as best I could to show the difference. To my eye, my Speed Triple's back end looks less cluttered looking with the Evotech tidy on there.

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_9506.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    The high exhausts already hide the lines of the rear end. Thats why it wears its tail tidy nicely ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Magneto

Magneto New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Glasgow
    I've read a lot on this forum about different folks views on tail tidys, but as much as I can appreciate the aesthetics there's nothing about coming back from an enjoyable ride to find both YOU and the bike are covered in road muck that could be considered a cool look.
    I am definitely considering something like the ductail flap to stop all the crap ending up inside the tail unit. The twin spar number plate holder makes the perfect gap for spray to get thrown up through the gaps around the tail light. @Sandi T has the nice solution of living in the desert, but here in the wet west of Scotland if I had to avoid wet roads completely I'd be out six times a year! It's a wonder we don't have webbed feet here...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    what was the mod ?

7. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    A very neat tail tidy in my books?