Speedmaster Gear Stuck In Third

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by bobjack, Jul 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bobjack

bobjack New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Scotland
    Hi All, went out for a ride today first since lockdown. Every thing was ok, filled up and after about 5 miles the engine management light came on. I stopped quick check no obvious issues so headed home. After about an other mile went to change down, and cant get any lower than what feels like third, will change up but not down passed third? Any one experienced this sort of thing or any ideas where to start. I do know that the oil is a wee bit high but you can still see it in the site glass, but will adjust when cool. Not overly worried about the engine management light most likely just wants resetting. Should say its a 09 plate 865.

2. bobjack

bobjack New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Scotland
    Yea checked all that the pedal (forward control) goes solid when trying do down shift to second (apart from the the selector rod flexing)

3. bobjack

bobjack New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Scotland
    Solved it With a fine adjusting tool;) Some how during the bike being laid up the silencer has moved and fouling the gear selector arm so just adjusted the silencer position now working. now just need to reset Engine Management light I
    Believe 3 rounds of cold to hot starting should solve?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4