Gear Selector Linkage For Thruxton 900 Efi T2080639

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Incognito, May 21, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    Hi,

long shot. I’m looking for part of the gear selector linkage for a 2013 Thruxton 900 EFI. It’s part T2080639

I’ve tried some breakers but no luck so far.

Triumph can’t supply this part until the end of August which is no use to me. That’s a whole summer of riding lost.

2. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    They’re not unfortunately. I’ve even tried to source the part from the U.S. but everyone orders from Triumph U.K.

I’ve had only 1 response from a breaker, the rest silence. Surely not everyone crashes on the left hand side?

3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Is the original part not repairable?
    Post up a picture and maybe something similar might be stocked by one of us ;)

4. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    bike-parts-triumph.com

5. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    The bike is with 4th dimension being repaired after I came off it on the 4th of April. I’d just bought the bike and was riding it home. The front locked up and I went down quickly. I didn’t even have time to put my arm out. I went straight down on my shoulder breaking the top of my collar bone. I was only doing about 20 mph. On checking after, the tyres were 9 years old and the weather was awful. A bad combo.

It went down on the left hand side which took out the linkage and snapped the shaft going into the gear box. No internal engine damage though. Due to the availability of this 1 part their estimate for having the repairs done is the end of August. They’re happy to fit a second hand part but finding one is turning out to be far harder than I thought would be.

I will ask if it’s reusable at all.

6. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    no good unfortunately

7. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    Still no luck on this part. The technician cut off the old part so it’s not reusable.

im currently working out how much it would cost to change it to a t100 foot peg setup.

does any have t100 parts up for grabs? Specifically the pegs, shifter pedal, brake pedal, peg hangers & rear master cylinder. They should just all bolt on as the frames and engine are the same.

cheers

IMG_7337.jpeg

8. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    The part which is shown looks v similar to the thruxton r linkage. Could be worth seeing if that aspect is the same. Is the part near the gesr lever also a write off

IMG_7924.png

9. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    That’s part T2081563 unfortunately. This is specific to the 900. It’s the same part for the efi and carb model though so 2004-2016. Not that it helps…