Gear Problem After Rearsets Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Roberto, Mar 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roberto

Roberto New Member

Mar 21, 2019
    London
    hi all,
    I have recently installed the Sato Racing Rearsets pedals on my Street Cup.
    The installation was quite easy and Rearsets are well done.
    I made a test ride after the installation and everything worked fine except the position of the pedals were uncomfortable.
    I reset the pedals in a comfy position and, when I switched on the bike, i didn’t see any update info to my digital screen on speedometer. I’m able to change gear only in 1 or in neutral. I can’t change in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear.

Can anyone suggest me something to do before going to the dealer?

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A picture would help others assist ?

3. Roberto

Roberto New Member

Mar 21, 2019
    London
    I’ll post soon. I didn’t take any

4. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Sounds like the adjustment has limited the movement of your selector shaft . Is the angle between the actuator rod and the joint on the selector shaft or rearset too acute ? Maybe some pictures on here would help with some suggestions . If it was working OK then stopped after adjustment it should be a simple issue.
    Ideally you want the joints to be close to 90 degrees to the actuator rod. I hope that makes sense
    so maybe you need to rotate the joint on its splines to suit the new position ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Roberto

Roberto New Member

Mar 21, 2019
    London
    Initially I mounted the actuator rod perfectly at 90 degrees and the gear worked fine. When I adjusted the actuator rod, I moved it at 60 degrees. There is no block between the selector shaft and the actuator rod. I'll be more precise when I post the pictures

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The fact you can move the lever down but not up, suggests something in the way, or your at the end of your travel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roberto

Roberto New Member

Mar 21, 2019
    London
    People I’ve solved! I removed and mounted again the actuator rod, switched on the bike and magically the gears entered properly ❤️❤️❤️

BA0D547E-C1B3-434B-86B1-1AA018E02063.jpeg

• Like Like x 2