Garmin Base camp software

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Richard H, May 5, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Anyone using Garmin Basecamp to plan routes? Being trying to get my head around this software but finding it hard work. Can anyone recommend a tutorial link that will help search for destinations, plan routes, stop offs, and show me how to transfer back onto the Garmin 660?

Used other peoples set routes and the Garmin sat nav works great but be nice to create my own

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Have u looked on you-tube always something on there

3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #4 Screwball, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
    Richard
    Try tyre! much easier to use then transfer across to base camp... I gave up with base camp as trying to get the route I wanted was hard work..

http://www.tyretotravel.com/

5. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
    This also works with Windows CE type software such as Igo 8 or Igo Primo - just save the routes as google .klm files and store them in the sat nav routes folder.

I am using a bike specific ( waterproof and glove touch screen with sun shade mount) China vison from Ebay ay £100 inc all of Europe mapping. Got win ce maps from china ebay for south africa and brazil for a few quid too.

6. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I gave up with Basecamp as well,seemed like hard work.
    I use TYRE now,much easier it uses Google maps and it's free to download.

There should be some tutorials when you open basecamp but it's not very intuitive

7. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    #7 folkbloke, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Basecamp is shite. I've been using it for a year or so and have only just recently finally got my head around it and can do pretty much what I want to do now but it's not a patch on Mapsource.

One thing I haven't worked out is how to use "search". It never seems to return anything like I was expecting.

In terms of getting the routes to the 660 then it's TRANSFER/SEND MY COLLECTION TO DEVICE

I'll have a look at Tyre though.