Fuel Level Digital Gauge Issue - 2018 T120?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iMacLikesBikes, Apr 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. iMacLikesBikes

iMacLikesBikes New Member

Feb 14, 2021
    Edmonton, Canada
    Hi all,

After finishing my build (pics to come soon), in which I did remove and reinstall the tank, the digital fuel level on the gauges never actually recognized the fill of the tank. I filled it up from about half full, and it continued to read that, but did decrease the more I drove, but to the point that I've been driving on "empty" for really about 3/4 of a tank.

I figured there was something wrong with the sensor, but then today the "low fuel" light came on - correctly.

So is it possible this is a loose wire for the tank that I didn't put back right? I don't understand how it would display anything if that was the case.

Thanks!
    Ian

2. Glen Wamphray

Glen Wamphray Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Scotland

Did you ever solve the problem, Ian? I've got the same issue. I'm darned if I can see what's causing it.

3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I had the same issue with my 2016 Sprint GT fuel sensor. I blame it on the increased ethanol in fuel - if you take it out, you will see it is just a simple rheostat, and I think the water content corrodes it. Anyway, I replaced it at the usual Triumph great expense. Same thing - took it out, put it back, checked connections, etc. etc. No joy. I then plugged in my free Tune ECU thingy and found that there is a fuel level sensor reset (or something like that - it was a while back). I did the reset and all now fine. TuneECU is free, but takes a little getting used to.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Glen Wamphray

Glen Wamphray Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Scotland
    That's useful info. Give me something to try at any rate.
    Thanks for the reply.