Fuel Gauge Not Working But Low Fuel Light On

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dallin, Feb 7, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dallin

Dallin New Member

Feb 7, 2023
    Japan
    Couple months ago I filled up and the fuel gauge went to no bars and 0 km to empty. I have been scouring forums and I am almost convinced it is a clutch switch issue because the low fuel light is always on, and it flashed for a second like 200 km to empty then back to 0. What does that switch do? I am really confused because when unplugged, my bike will start with or without the clutch in, but plugged in only when the clutch is in. Any ideas would be appreciated. 20230206_161940.jpg

2. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    No idea bud , but my fuel gauge went to full last time I filled it , shortly after went to about 1/4 then nothing but the warning light is on . My mate 2016 r just stopped for no reason too.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    It most likely is. I had a Tiger 800 and several people on the forum had changed to aftermarket adjustable levers and found that the fuel gauge stopped working. Something to do with activating the switch when the clutch is pulled in.