Front Sprocket

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Malcolm Woods, Jun 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Hello all, chain and sprocket time, Triumph only sell 43 rear 18 front. I already have a 19t front what the previous owner put on.
    Is there a problem going back to original, will one tooth really make any difference. On a main duel carriageway I suppose I cruise 60 to 70 mph will I not be able to that with an 18 t front sprocket.
    The bikes only done coming up to 9000miles but so many stiff links virtual impossible to gain correct chain adjustment.
    thanks all
    mallywoods

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    With a standard 18t front sprocket you will still be able to cruise at 60-70mph but the engine will be revving slightly higher, the other thing is that with the standard 18t front sprocket you will accelerate slightly faster, but in reality you will not notice a large difference

3. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Thanks for that, I think given the set I may as well have a new 18t sprocket fitted, at least that's how the bikes were designed and tested.

• Like Like x 1