Front Sprocket Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wayne R, Feb 7, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wayne R

Wayne R New Member

May 1, 2019
    Prestatyn
    I have 2014 triumph tiger sport, I have just changed my chain and sprockets and have noticed a small amount of oil which I think has come from behind the spline that the front sprocket seats on. My question is, is there a seal that has worn around the spline ? I have searched in my Haynes manual and can't see anything, and can't seem to find anything online, can anyone help me shed some light on this please.

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    There is a seal !
    There is always a seal , on any motor cycle , otherwise the engine oil will just flow through the output shafts bearings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wayne R

Wayne R New Member

May 1, 2019
    Prestatyn
    Thanks for your reply, I thought there would be just surprised not to find any youtube videos on replacing one as normally I can find anything I need

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Usually, the output shaft seal just taps into the crankcase from the outside. I'd be very surprised if your Tiger is any different.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Having looked at Fowlers website, www.fowlersparts.co.uk it would appear that the oil seal you are looking for is part number :- T3600112

• Like Like x 1