Featured Front Forks Upgraded Oil

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by SUPERGRANDAD, Aug 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well I said I would give feedback on my upgrade of front fork oil. Just to recap, on holiday 2up with luggage front forks at the end of the brake action just before stopping the front would dive making the bike unstable.
    I decided to upgrade the fork oil and contacted Triumph head office for the correct fluid amount and the recommended air gap. Fluid was originally 10 weight, I have used 15 weight. They informed me 561cc with an air gap of 135 mm.( 2016 bike I will add. They do differ on older bikes.)
    I used the air gap to set my forks. (it was something like 560cc but the air gap is what I used. )
    I can report first test the bike is perfect for me. Only tested as yet with me and Mrs C but it's a different bike. Very pleased. My hobby is British pre 65 trials riding and rebuilding them including the odd Yamaha. So forks etc are something I understand. No need to use upgraded springs. £12 of oil and a couple of hrs does the job.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Amazing what a bit of fresh and the right type of oil can do.

• Like Like x 1