from the ashes rose a Phoenix

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Jennoe, Nov 18, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Danmarshall

Danmarshall New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Hastings, England
    Also, i'm not sure if there are fuel filters on those carbs. It might be worth investimagating and taking that out (2) and cleaning, they are normally on the carb where the fuel line attaches. The 2 screws on the springs are the synchronisation screws, you can adjust the butterfly valves until they look the same, but you would need to find the clearances. (i'm hoping people will correct me if i'm wrong)

• Like Like x 1
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Dan you are right on all counts.....!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danmarshall

Danmarshall New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Hastings, England
    Phew! and Thanks Capt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    As always a plethora of information, all of which I will follow and report back........with pictures......lots of pictures.
    ........legends every one.........

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Afternoon all..........just spotted this bike and just had to share it with you......in my humble opinion its the best I've see yet......just looks perfect........ ROCKET by XTR .jpg ROCKET by XTR -001.jpg ROCKET by XTR -002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    I believe it's a T300 Legend or Thunderbird 900...........

7. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    If I can only get mine to look similar..!!!!!!!!!!..........

8. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    If you key ......ROCKET 3 by XTR..........all the spec and more pictures....

9. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    That's Italians for you.........it's a modded Suzuki Bandit tank too........o_O

10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    hey DD ya missed that one,lol

11. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Aaahhhhhhh.!!!!!!!!!......small mistake......the chap that built the Rocket 3 is actually Spanish.......apologies to all Italians.....other nationalities are available...........

12. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Ok fellas....big question.....can I fit a 2016 Thruxton R petrol tank to my Sprint frame.........a simple question I know and I throw myself on your knowledge the the wife of a biking on her husbands funeral pyre............Jennoe

13. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    That should of course read ....." like the wife of a Viking on her husbands funeral pyre..".........don't you just love predictive text........
    And yep...some of the best paintwork I've see...........

14. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Good evening my wise and valued friends............I believe the word I'm looking for is Eureka...!!!!!!!!!!!............I think I've discovered the carb issue..........if you study the following picture you'll notice that the small spring on the left hand adjustment is in the wrong place..........t should be between the two tabs and not between the screw and the tab.......it was therefore actually keeping the butterfly slightly open instead of closed........the right hand one the same. This has now been addressed and they will be fitted onto the bike tomorrow for another trial start...........wish me luck fellas........BANZAI...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
  16. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Pictures never lie! The middle butterfly is slightly open

17. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Cheers fellas .........earplugs in about 11.00 am..........trust me when I say....if she starts..you'll hear me.........

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales
    Well..!!!!!!!!........there was definitely lots of shouting..but only in frustration...........still no .....Bbrrrrruuuuuuuummmmm.........
    In the back of my mind I still think she's turning over to slowly.........not to worry.....back to the beginning......:(:(

19. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    Might seem a bit of an obvious one have you got the clutch lever pulled in with side stand down as switch on clutch that prevents the bike starting.

20. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    also vacuum points on carbs need blanking odd you have cap on one, rubber tube on other and the 3rd is open !!