French Speeding Fine

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by topbanana0, Jun 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Our Village 'AIGURANDE' has been an official start point for the TdF for the last 3 yrs - what a crowd come with it !!!!

2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I heard what may be an apocryphal tale about a guy stopped speeding in a super-car on way to Le Mans. Instant fine from les flics for around 800 euros. A whip-round amongst other guys in the party raised about 500 euros. "I don't need a receipt for that officer". He was swiftly sent on his way after handing over the cash. Who knows? Worth a punt if you're going down for a big fine.

3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure I got flashed a couple of times on the A68 in between Jedburgh and Otterburn, on my way down from Ullapool to Newcastle. I have not received anything in the post yet, happened a good three weeks ago now. Might that be to do with the fact that I wasn't pulled over, so it cannot be proven it was me that did the speeding? Dutch plate, obviously.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Shhhh :p they’re not loaded :p

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    is that right? I always wondered about the cameras on M25 as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #26 Eldon, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    I had similar and about the same time due to an ill timed overtake but UK law is that the NIP (notice of intended persecution!) has to be sent within 14 days for it to be legal. Sounds like you should be OK ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Is this known or suspected?

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Been through them loads :)
    Nearly always set them off and have never had a ticket/fine :imp:
    Gotta a mate who’s ex police rider and me and him always bomb through them and he assures me that they’re not loaded and only used as a deterrent :p

• Useful Useful x 3
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Round my way they’re replacing a lot of the cameras with average speed cameras which are a real pain. :mad:
    They’re always live and you can’t overtake anyone because you’ll go above the limit average. Very frustrating when you’re behind someone doing 3 or 4mph below the limit.
    One thing I’d like to know though, do they take an average just between two cameras or is it over the full length of a road full of cameras? : unamused:

10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    When I was travelling on the A9 between Inverness and Pitlochry my satnav indicated stretches between two cameras - and told me what my average speed was. That would mean it is calculated over a distance between two cameras?

11. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I believe the newer cameras can still detect/recognise when you’ve changed lanes.
    The technology moves on at a fast pace, can’t miss out on potential revenue making.....erm, I mean increases in safety :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Si fractum non sit noli I’d refecere ;)

13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: Pack it in with this bloody Welsh shite will ya :mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Homo sapiens not urinat in ventum... :p

15. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    got nailed for speeding once in new mexico, 55 mph over limit back in 1985 or 86. $1 fine and $23 court cost, it was not reported to the insurance company. Things aint improving. Performance awards I have heard have gotten pretty ridiculous, but once the gray hair comes out of the helmet the cops typically just say slow it down.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Eschew obfuscation espouse elucidation that man!

Non illigitimus carborundum.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  17. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I wondered about these. Some are backward facing, so will catch a bike. But, say, the ones on the A12, are forward facing, so will (I assume) not catch a bike.