Scrambler Fox Shocks Rsu

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Nipper, May 1, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nipper

Nipper Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Norwich
    I’ve fitted a pair of Triumph FOX RSU’s on my 2020 Street Scrambler. Took a while to take the plunge as they’re fairly pricey but really glad I got them.
    The street scrambler is a fun bike and I really enjoy riding it and these RSU’s have just made it better. Ride quality over hard rough surfaces is where it is most noticeable. It’s supple but well controlled on the comfort setting. Stiffen it up a few clicks for faster A roads and it’s obviously firmer but still a plush ride reacting quickly to potholes but not harshly and doesn’t jar your back like the standard ones.
    If you’re considering fitting some go for it. They’re a piece of cake to fit. Do one side at a time, no need to remove the exhaust.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I'm also looking at upgrading the rear SU's on my SS. I fitted the TEC progressive fork springs which are a great improvement but the rear suspension is massively under damped IMO, even on the lowest preload setting. I'm looking at TEC shocks or maybe Hagon fitments. The TEC units are certainly much cheaper but the Fox items are just overpriced IMO. I'll probably go the Ohlins or Maxton route if I decide on that sort of outlay.