Fox Rear Suspension-street Twin

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by RO73, Aug 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RO73

RO73 Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    I am not sure about the side panniers as I have no plans on putting them on the ST. My riding is more weekend leisurely rides in the country. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    DSC_2031.jpg

Thought I'd post a pic of my Street Twin so you can see the Motone side panels and compare them to the Mototrio panels. The Motone panels are excellent quality and a perfect fit, like all their stuff. I've also got the TEC rear wheel paddock stand bobbins and never had a problem. If there are any other mods you can see on there that you want to know about let me know, although you can't see the Motone X-pipe.
    Conti. Road Attack 3 tyres going on at the next service in a week or so.

Pistonpinup, you mention Triumph side panniers. Personally I think they look cumbersome and out of scale for the Street Twin, which is quite a small bike. I opted for the pannier rails from TEC, although the Motone ones are better quality but cost more. A 10 minute job to fit each side. They are obviously not fitted to the bike in the pic. and I only use the left side anyway. After much website perusal, and rejection of good-looking but not very weather-resistant leather panniers, I finally went for a Kriega pannier. Not cheap at around £140, but more aesthetically pleasing than the ones from Triumph.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. RO73

RO73 Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    Here is what it looks like now with all the upgrades.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. pistonpinup

pistonpinup Member

May 14, 2020
    Bristol, UK
    Hi @beerkat,

Thank you for the reply! very informative.
    I see what you mean, let us have a shot when you can of the ST with the Kriega, if that is ok with you - would help understand the look a bit better. Or maybe just let me know the model you went for?

I personally quite like the triumph bags but they are bulky and not waterproof, which in the uk means they are the same as wicker basket, only for sunny days....which makes it difficult to be an all rounder solution.:weary_face:

5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'll try to remember to take a snap or two when I get the chance. Kriega sell panniers singly or in pairs, which of course is useful if you only want one side (many retailers only sell them as a pair). I can't remember the model name but I think they come in a 14L and 17L size. Again, when I get a chance I'll google them and let you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    IMG_2061.jpg IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2059.jpg A few pics of the bike with pannier fitted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. oldgoat

oldgoat New Member

Jun 6, 2020
    Wisconsin, USA
    Got my Fox shocks today, shipped to here in Wisconsin from Motocycles of Dulles in Virginia. They were great to work with, very helpful and professional, thanks for the lead RO37! Installation was a snap. Did a brief ride with the compression set at 18 clicks over some rough streets in town, and the new shocks are a great improvement. Better handling on the curves as well. I finished the ride at speed (70 mph) over a notoriously choppy set of highway that was downright dangerous on the old stock shocks, and again much improvement, though still bumped a little more than I wanted -- due mostly to the now-revealed shortcomings of the front forks. I may click the rears down to 20 or so and play with the preload, but so far I would say it has been worth the (considerable) expense. Really like the look, too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RO73

RO73 Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    I'm very happy to hear that they were able to help you out. They are great guys. You will have to play around with the preload and the settings to get it just right. It took me a few days of experimenting to get it exactly how I wanted it. Safe riding.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pistonpinup

pistonpinup Member

May 14, 2020
    Bristol, UK