Forum User Training Required

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by BeeJay, May 22, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member

Apr 29, 2024
    Derbyshire
    Thanks to all who have welcomed me to the forum or have posted all the information I have found to be so very useful.
    Just need a bit of forum-savvy guidance regarding contacting a member about an item they had posted for sale. I believe that I sent them a reply by clicking on the appropriate button "post reply" but do I have to do something else to prompt a reply? Also what does "awaiting moderator approval" mean??
    Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A new member posting will most likely be vetted to minimise spam.
    Some sites do a minimum of say x30 posts before they loosen the reins ;)

Patience, and approriate postings to get your count up, would prove beneficial for you :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member

Apr 29, 2024
    Derbyshire
    @Eldon: Thank you for the reply and assistance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    Was it yourself that answered my ad re: silencers for a T100? If so, I've sent you two emails to your personal email address (as you specifically requested) but you've never replied to me. Do you still want the silencers? Reply to me via this forum please, not to my personal email address. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member

Apr 29, 2024
    Derbyshire
    Good afternoon @Jimbo1950
    Yes I would like to buy the Weslake shorty silencers in your ad and I thank you for persevering with contacting me regarding the matter. I'm not quite sure why I have not picked up the emails and apologize for this.
    What would be the best way forward regarding arranging payment and shipping? Are we allowed to share contact phone numbers via this forum?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    @BeeJay check your profile as further info sent.
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome….

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member

Apr 29, 2024
    Derbyshire
    Hello Wessa, thanks for the welcome. Love the Thruxton in British racing green. How is it on the wrists at our age??

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi @BeeJay the Thruxton is absolutely fine as I removed the clip on’s in favour for flat bars on mine. I got a German conversion kit.
    The riding position is now very similar to the speed twin/bonnevilles only the foot pegs are just a little further back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member

Apr 29, 2024
    Derbyshire
    Hello again @Wessa
    Didn't spot the flat bars from the photo but good way to go. Did the same with a Ducati ST4S and it made it more comfortable but didn't stop it being way too fast for my ageing reaction times. Sold it to my younger brother who loved it for another 5 years. Now on a nice steady Bonnie 865 SE. Have a good trip and ride safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1