Forum Management? End Of A Good Forum...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tigcraft, Oct 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    It’s going to be the end of this forum if nothing happens in the near future. So many good lads who were core posters have left this year and last due to fall outs. Even the administration has left. I’m generally fed up as this is no longer about Triumph Bikes anymore. It really has turned into an unwanted cheap paper newspaper that only gets its arse wiped on when there’s nothing left....... :oops::pensive:

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I agree and you can’t blame them for setting up a WhatsApp group, I don’t come on much now because there’s rarely anything interesting about bikes.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  3. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Jez your out of step and out of control

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Should we put a poll on here to what we want? Would it be a fight of someone else’s problems or harmony? Wonder which gets ticked?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    This is the one forum I’m on that’s NOT sterile, the ONE forum that can equally make me laugh and cry, I can get help and advice if I need it, I can be exposed to ideas I wouldn’t normally experience
    The common denominator is BIKES which unifies all of us, but of course we all have other interests and opinions too, and it’s good to have somewhere to share those things
    A single topic forum would soon become boring and sterile
    Like any living beast this forum is evolving and changing which I think shows it will continue and I would hope everyone can see that and continue to shape its evolution for the future
    If you don’t like some of the content , ignore it or better post the sort of content you do want to see
    Pull up a stump, stay awhile, and share your stories:)

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 7
  6. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Oh the irony... creating a non bike related thread, to moan about non bike related threads :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    And typically those complaining are usually the ones that are espousing their political opinions in the first place that cause the trouble, and then have hissy fits when those opinions are countered :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    @Dozers Dad @Privateer I speak my mind and WILL NOT be bullied by you two. I’m not scared. Don’t post on this thread if it offends you, now PISS OFF

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I dont spout bull shit normally guys, on the few occasions I have because of alcohol I have always apologised.
    But I have to say I have to agree with Tigcrafts comments, last few days this forum has not done its self any favours at all and has been absolutely disgusting at times and well out of order, we all go to far at times but this rose well above the normal banter and piss taking.
    I take Privateers point but its bloody near impossible not to get involved in a thread you don't agree with !!!
    The whole point of this forum is discussion between like minded triumph owners or just everyday bikers to talk shite, and glean info if required not a place where you can use it for your own personal views some of which will always offend others.
    Think we need to move on and forget all this shit, makes no odds to me how other folk want to keep in touch outside the forum I think that's entirely open to them.
    I also miss many members who have left or been forced out because they were not able to ignore comments made on here, or got that involved in them they had no other choice. I try to take time away normally before I get to involved as I'm easily sucked in and like everyone on here of course have my own opinion and this is mine,
    Please lets mend all this if possible guys and get back to business.

ps We dont need admin if we at least try to respect each others opinions

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I’m going for a ride on my tiger

• Like Like x 12
  11. Iamtheonlyone

Iamtheonlyone Senior Member

Jul 23, 2019
    The North

Yet you create ANOTHER thread dedicated to spreading more bile? How ironic.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    My first written comment on the whole issue, I'm very happy with the way this forum is operating, free speech is our fundamental right. If you don't like what you see, move on.

• Agree Agree x 19
  13. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Sorry but I'm pulling the ...on this one again.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I know we are leaving the EU, but this law is currently applicable...and lets hope we can hang on to what remains of our free speech...

European Convention on Human Rights/Human Rights Act 1998
    Article 10: the right to freedom of expression, including the freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers

ECHR European court of Human Rights April 2019 judgement:
    ’freedom of expression, as secured in para 1 of Article 10 of the Convention, constitutes one of the essential foundations of a democratic society, indeed one of the basic conditions for its progress and for the self-fulfilment of the individual. Subject to para 2, it is applicable not only to ‘information’ or ‘ideas’ that are favourably received or regarded as inoffensive or as a matter of indifference, but also to those that offend, shock or disturb the State or any section of the population. Such are the demands of that pluralism, tolerance and broadmindedness without which there is no democratic society”.

UK Supreme Court October 2018 judgement:
    Freedom of expression, as guaranteed by Article 10 of the ECHR, includes the right not to express an opinion which one does not hold. This court has held that nobody should be forced to have or express a political opinion in which he does not believe. One is free both to believe and not to believe.

Can we all agree to be ladies and gentleman with some honour, and all just move on and get on :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    With freedom of speech comes responsibility, and the truth is that even the greatest of democracies cloak that freedom with qualifications (for example, relating to hate-speech and incitement). To suggest that's not the case is simply disingenuous.

I'm not one for any kind of excessive moderation (and ideally I prefer nothing more than sensible self-moderation) but I've seen views expressed in the Rant thread that would almost certainly have resulted in a ban on other forums I frequent - even one without any moderation save for that from the site owner, who's known for his lack of intervention. There seems to be quite a wide demographic on this forum, and that needs to be understood and respected by everybody who posts here.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I don't think anyone is denying that :confused:

And if you are suggesting that I was suggesting
    that is disingenuous, and a misrepresentation (one of my pet hates) :p

• Like Like x 3
  17. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Haha - sorry, didn't mean to suggest that I was suggesting that you were suggesting anything o_O

• Funny Funny x 9
  18. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    This is not the place for suggestive behaviour o_O:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Errr, are you suggesting...

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #20 Pegscraper, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    OK, I'm a newcomer to this forum (and Triumph ownership) but I'll say my piece anyway. I find it no different to other forums I post on, bike related or otherwise. There are some great threads on here with posts to match and there's also some not worthy of a second glance. As said above, just ignore those that bore/annoy/upset you and enjoy the rest. You wouldn't stick your fingers in shite to see what it smelt like so why dip into a thread that stinks. Life's too short guys and gals, just keep ridin', postin' and enjoy!

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2