Forum International Trip

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andypandy, Aug 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    :D it's propably the right o_O you'll get used to it swiftly, I'm sure! Usually takes me a couple of miles when on your side of the channel.. :yum

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No I Don't think so. I've slogged down the E40 a few times - a bit boring and going past Brussels can get busy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Seems to work and yes Daniel is trying out/doing some routes.
    I think we've got all day to get to Bad B so there's no need to rush is there ?
    I was thinking take it easy, enjoy the ride and plenty of stops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
  5. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No you don't need to rush Andy. I've only used that route because it's convenient from an early morning tunnel crossing to get to Spa Francorchamps when the racing starts at 11.30 am! :cool:

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Used the motorway route from Rotterdam to Spa via Antwerp for the 3 day Bikers Classic before going onto the Mosel, we stopped in Klotten.
    The motorway was a convenient way of getting to our destination.
    I can remember the motorway around Antwerp being a car park, so quite a bit of aggressive filtering was required.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #387 Havit, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Well Lads, I have been looking at my timetable , My ferry Docks in Hollyhead at 12pm It will take me without any stops near 4 hours to get to Hull. i booked the Rotterdam as i first thought you were all going that way and secondly as it leaves at 20.30 i wouldn't have to rush to get to Hull.
    Anyway as it turns out your going Via Zeebrugge which leaves at around 18.00 and arrives at 8.45am mine docks at 8.30am. I did look at the option of asking to swop to your ferry but its about an extra €100 on top of what i have already pain:scream: Now.....depending on what way you lot are going i can either head to Antwerp and meet you all there or i will head direct to Bad Bertrich on my own:oops::sob::joy::p...I don't mind..... Honestly im easy. We can meet up or i will catch you there. I have my Sat Nav so i wont get lost. I might be a bit rusty on driving on the wrong side but im sure it will all come back to me as i used to HGV over there years ago. Its about an hour and a half to Antwerp for you and for me . More out of the way for me than you, looking on the map but as i said im easy.

8. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    We know you are easy, Ade told us.
    Either you want to meet up or you don't. You decide.
    Personally I think we would all prefer it if we met up.
    Having said that, your partner might want to put off meeting us as long as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Oh, It looks like my partner isn't coming now shes going to somewhere else by plane :neutral:. So more room on my bike for me:p. yeah of course i would rather meet up on the other side . i will look into an ideal spot that would suit all of us ....that's of course if the others dont mind .

10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    May i suggest we meet here, This is mid way and would set us up nicely for the Bad bertrich route

Autolei 276, 2160 Wommelgem, Belgium ( Texico Petrol Station)

upload_2018-7-30_16-44-25.png

I will put it on the myroute App if you like

11. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yeah that'll do, that's the exit just before the services that I suggested. I don't have a bike satnav but I'm pretty sure Dave @Tiglet has one that he bought off @crispey although I believe he's had a bit of trouble with it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    No there’s nothing wrong with the Satnav Andy.

Ron gave me a few pointers on how to use it over the phone and at the GMU but I’ve not used it since and probably forgotten.
    Must get it wired into the new Tigers electrics and get out and use it but it won’t be for a few days as just got home from hospital after having 3rd op on my left eye in 3 months. Everything’s as clear as mud ;)

13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Hope your eye is ok mate,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #394 Havit, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    it will come round quick now, still not sure what bike I will be on . All depends on which one is running the best :p

15. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hope your eye is OK Dave.
    You told crispey you had to pay £50 to Garmin to have the satnav fixed - I can't believe you upset him so much at the GMU by going on about it. You wouldn't catch me doing anything like that! :relieved::relieved:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    #396 Tiglet, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    How on earth can you say that Steve after all wasn’t it you that posted ”Is this the one you told me doesn't work anymore and that you thought some mug on the forum would buy it? :D:D

My bestist mate Crispey :heart: knows who was behind the windup : unamused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    And there's me thinking you were winking at me. You had me scared there !
    Hope it's finally sorted then.

18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I am playing around with petrol stops and breaks....what sort of distance would we travel? its around 3 and a half hours 282 Km to Bad Bertrich from our meeting point

19. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I'm hoping we take it easy, enjoy the ride and have plenty of comfort breaks. If anyone knows of a "place of interest" on the way, then there should be time for a bit of sight seeing, even if it's a bit off track. After all, there's no great rush to get to BB.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’ve booked a breakfast on the ferry so I’ll be ok food wise for an hour or two, don't know if the others eat breakfast I’m sure Andy does judging by the size of his belly :eek:;):).
    So there may be a food stop required early on.

Just a suggestion, if we’re going to break the back of the journey on the motorway then after meeting Wayne it’s the A13/E313 to Liege then east on the E40 then south on the A27/E421 stopping for coffee/lunch/fuel at Malmedy just off the A27/E421 at junction11. How’s about no motorway from this stop. It’s east out of Malmedy on the N632 cross the border into Germany and south for only a few miles on the 265 then left picking up the 421 which will take us all the way to within a few miles of Bad Bertie.
    Don’t know if the road numbers are correct, used an old map :rolleyes:
    It’s just a starter.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1