Forum Favourites - Hangouts & Haunts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Octoberon, Feb 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    That’s the one ! Great place .. Many happy Sunday mornings spent there !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The Broch Café in Strathyre Broch Cafe - Strathyre, Perthshire
    Broch Cafe.jpg

It is on the A84 a great biking road between lochearnhead and Callander, great food in lovely surroundings, seats inside and outside

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The café at Highland Safaris has great food and the prices are very reasonable, seats inside and outside
    Eat & Shop -Aberfeldy | Highland Safaris
    It's in a place called Dull (which is twinned with boring in Oregan! and has also been recently twinned with Bland in Australia!)
    Dull is just a few miles from Aberfeldy it's on the B846 which takes you to Tummel Bridge
    20220422_141855.jpg

P1020502_edited-1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Tea@ Theshee Café in Glenshee (about 10 miles south of Braemar) popular with bikers & Hillwalkers, good food at reasonable price, seating inside and outside
    Tee At The Shee.jpg

278548906_10158530832342681_7251081558432141453_n.jpg

20220417_121234.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think saying this place is "popular with bikers" is an understatement, Dougie! Holy moly but that's a lot of motorcycles.:eek::grinning:

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That picture was taken the other week when a local facebook group had a ride out, there isn't usually as many bikes as that there!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That must be some facebook group! :eek: I just became involved with an initiative to form women's riding group in Tucson. I suspect I'll have to suck it up and actually get a facebook account to facilitate communication. :sob::joy:

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    We stopped at The Oily Rag Co in Gloucester on our ride today (sorry, no photos taken!) https://www.oilyrag.com

It was friendly, lots of space to park and the coffee was good. Not too much in the way of food on offer; a few cakes and flapjacks (not homemade) and some sausage rolls which @Helmut Visor sampled and has described as "not great". I would absolutely go again for the atmosphere - big variety of bikes there, everyone was chatty and sociable so it was nice - but just for coffee, not if I was after food.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I'm drawing a line under the updates for the forum map here and starting up a new one elsewhere. It wouldn't be right to shift the whole thing across as it's always been specific to this forum's members, and it has links back to the posted recommendations and pictures people have uploaded. I've always thought of it as belonging to this community - I'm just the custodian.

I'm not sure I can transfer the map to another Google account but I can give edit rights if someone wants to take it on. Either way, give me a shout here, the other forum, or email [email protected] if you're interested in carrying the baton.

If anyone who's contributed to the TTF map wants me to add their recommendation on the new one, let me know in that place and I'll start adding your pins.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The recommended places map has now moved to a different Google account. There were no takers for picking up the curation on here so the old one is no longer accessible, I'm afraid.