Forum Favourites - Hangouts & Haunts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Octoberon, Feb 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Cheers, Bikerman. Did you stay at the Bikers Loft or just eat at the cafe? Just trying to understand which part (or both) you recommend. Is there a particular expectation you have about for Cafe Hubraum and Biker Treff if you haven't been there yet? Recommended to you, perhaps?

2. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    No apology necessary and thanks for clarifying. :) The line I'm drawing is that the recommendation must be based on some personal experience. That could extend to someone else you know saying somewhere is really good, as long as you trust their view and are happy to stand by it. Beyond that line lies the likes of Tripadvisor. :blush:

I'll leave Biker Treff off the map for now unless someone else knows if first hand. Hopefully you'll be sharing your travels to Holland (and beyond?) so let us know what you think of Cafe Hubraum and I'll add that in. All the others are going in this afternoon. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Tyrigrava on the southeast side of Oslo is a center and meeting point for motor enthusiasts:
    Mondays: veteran vehicles
    Tuesdays: Am cars
    Wednesdays: motorbikes
    Thursdays: European and Japanese cars
    https://tyrigrava.no/
    Tyrigrava, Gamle Mossevei 43-55, 1420 Svartskog

motorsykkel-grava-980x653.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    The Corran Bunkhouse on the A82 south of Fort William right next to the Corran - Ardgour ferry. A hotel standard bunkhouse. Modern, nice setting, modern clean kitchen facilities and a very comfortable lounge. A warm welcome from owners and staff. A local pub/restaurant (Roam West) is a 5 - 10 minute walk down the road(open Wed - Sun).
    https://www.corranbunkhouse.co.uk/
    Great for a comfortable overnight stop or use as a base.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    Yeah, it's a bikercafe. Everyone welcome offcourse. They serve meals, drinks, breakfast. They have a bike shop at the location, with some gear and motorcycle related clothing/accessories. They still have a bike repair service, it used to be a Victory dealership as well, but since that brand stopped that haven't changed to another brand yet.

6. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Last question. :blush: Are these both annual events at Newchurch and Glemseck101, not general destinations open all year round that just have a big event arranged? Good to go either way, I'll just label them accordingly.

7. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Cheers. I've updated the listing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    62 recommendations so far, from Austria to California.

upload_2022-2-8_17-21-58.png

• Like Like x 4
  9. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    If you scour @Sandi T posts, you’ll have a rich seam of tex mex grub based bike hangs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Yeah, I'll book next week off work..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Jack's Hill is closed? Rats! That was a nice ride out for me...

H Caff of course if it's not already down on the list, but after several tries I would NOT recommend the dreadful food.

12. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Veterans Garage Automotive Club Manchester Barton City Airport M30 7SA Lounge open all week for food coffee etc. Bike nights Monday nights. Open to all but gives support to veterans of military and emergency services.
    https://veteransgarage.co.uk/vg-lounge/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I'll have to try that place. It's not that far from me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #74 Sandi T, Feb 8, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    :joy::joy::joy: Yeah, our riding motto is "Live to ride. Ride to eat", for sure, @DCS900. And everyone except one guy in our riding group loves Mexican food. I've been lurking on this very interesting thread wondering about how to get our butts over to the UK for a riding and eating tour. :) And I've been tempted to chime in with some of the places that Mr. Sandi and I love. But up to this point I've not participated in the conversation for two reasons. First, there are SO many places that we like and recommend--both those we frequent and those we've stumbled upon and been to once--that I just haven't been able to narrow it down to even a few. Secondly, although those of us who live across the pond have been invited and encouraged to throw some of our "hangouts & haunts" into the ring, it seems like Arizona is too far off the beaten path to fit in on @October's map. And it's a VERY cool map, BTW, Saul! I'm really enjoying the thread.:):heart_eyes:

Edit: Ahh, so I just saw two pins on California. I'll think on it and try to add a few places in the Southwest that we'd put at the top of our list.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The map has no limits. If there's a burger van half way up Everest, we can add that. Maybe a 50's diner at the south pole - no problem. As long as it's not off-world, we can stick a pin in it. Arizona, easy. :D I think it's interesting and quite fun to have something visual that shows how we're spread all over the planet but come together here to talk about the bikes we all love.

If you have some favourite places just tell me the names as you think of them and I'll search for them in your posts. Don't worry about posting again here, but feel free to do so if you want to, obviously. All the pins have links back to the original, full posts so it doesn't matter if the recommendation originates elsewhere on the forum. The map is supposed to be the starting poiint.

16. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Added. Worth a look for anyone who's already at Spa for some racing. Any excuse for riding in the Ardennes is a good excuse.

18. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup, just put it in the forum MRA its a bit out of date now

19. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Ah, I'll have a look for it again. I was going to try out importing a KML file from Google into MRA to see what happens.

20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Octoberon
    Well, did you book next week off work, Saul?! ;):joy: Because here goes...

Mr. Sandi and I had a lovely conversation thanks to this thread about a "few" of our favorite motorcycle ride/trip haunts and hangouts and these are the places that stood out to us. Have I mentioned that I really have a hard time choosing favorites? :rolleyes: Each of these should be included in one or more of the reports I've posted over the past several years. We've been to most of these places at least several times, some many times. And the ones that we've only been to once stood out of the crowd as places that definitely require a repeat visit.

ARIZONA:
    Barrio Brewery (Tucson)
    Moto Sonora (Tucson)
    Coyote Pause (west of Tucson)
    Oracle Patio Cafe (Oracle)
    Mi Pueblito (Mammoth)
    Porter's (Superior)
    Cafe Rokka (Bisbee)
    Fargos (Payson)
    Cameron Trading Post (Cameron)
    The Local Press (Wickenburg)
    Charlie Clark's (Pinetop)
    Lucy D's BBQ (Prescott)
    Nicol's West (Congress)
    Crema (Old Town Cottonwood)
    Wild Women Saloon and Grill (Overgaard)
    The Hideaway Grill (Cave Creek)
    Westside Lilo's (Seligman)
    *Motor Palace Mercantile and Standing on the Corner Park (not a restaurant or bar but two must-sees in Winslow, AZ)
    And if you find yourself in Winslow, you've also gotta ride the 20 miles to Meteor Crater. Stunning!

NEW MEXICO:
    Pie Town Pies (Pie Town--and the whole town which can be seen in about 5 minutes :joy:)
    Sparky's (Hatch)
    The Holler (Madrid) - the whole town of Madrid is really fun. It was where the movie Wild Hogs was filmed. An old mining town that's now an artists community.
    La Choza (Santa Fe)
    Low 'N Slow Lowrider Bar (Santa Fe)

COLORADO:
    Serious Texas BBQ (Durango)

SOUTH DAKOTA:
    The entire town of Deadwood! Tons of bikes and bikers (in the summer) bars, galleries, and history. We got to know this great little town when we sent to Sturgis in 2019 and if we go back to that rally we'll definitely plan ahead and stay right in Deadwood.

Whew! I hope I didn't wear out my welcome. What a great idea to do the map, Saul. I didn't realize initially that it was interactive. Very cool! Too high tech for me to figure out so I'm glad you're on it. :):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1