For Uk Riders.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by nickjaxe, Aug 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #2 RevPaul, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  3. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    So as I was riding through Stoke this evening, it started raining and sure enough it got a little slippy, or maybe it was just the cold OEM Pirellis.

4. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    When I took the car out in the rain after that very hot spell, it was understeering on every bend. I was glad I wasn't on a bike.

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    It's a common occurrence in Australia , many long dry spells followed by a short wet spell !
    In the major cities , it can be dry for long enough that hot road's become slippery , just because the oil , diesel and dirt can build up enough to make it dangerous in he centre of each lane ... .. !

6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This phenomenon is extremely common here in the Sonoran Desert since we can go months and months without a drop of rain. The first few rains during the winter or in the monsoon season are definitely cause for care. Lately we've had enough rain during this monsoon season to actually clean the roads off. The only caveat is that not all roads get rained on equally with our spotty rain showers so one still must be extra careful on wet roads that may have seen little or no rainfall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1